Chapter III: The Perfect Pair Part 3

As soon as they stepped on the land, Reina quickly sprinted out of his arms. She took a step backward without looking at him and kneeled before him. Her forehead touched the ground.

"Thank you for saving my life, Mister. Tell me how can I repay you." She was still in shock, her sweat was dropping on the ground as her body trembled in fear. It was her first time facing those monsters and if she hadn't been saved, she could be dead by now.

"Acting like a lowly peasant now? Get up, it doesn't suit a spoiled brat like you."

However, his blunt words pulled her from the abyss of fear to the ring of fire. She gritted her teeth, and her head boiled as his insulting words echoed in her ears. But instead of being mad, she just forced a smile and raised her head to meet his cold countenance.

If anything, his deep voice sounds so familiar to her. Not only his voice but also his demeanor and incomparable arrogance. But she had never seen someone like him since she came into this world.

"I'd gladly offer you a token as a reward for your heroism but you just can't call me whatever you want, Mister. I'm maybe a daughter of a noble family but not all noble children are spoiled. Stop acting like you know me."

He squinted his eyes and folded one of his knees to level his head to her. Her face went bright red the second he leaned forward. There's a sudden light shown in his purple eyes, an arch formed on his lips. Calling her spoiled brat just became a habit of him and he will never get tired of calling her that name even if she had already transformed into a fine lady.

"How about this? Do I still look like a stranger-" Before he could even continue his words, she just turned her head to the side and pushed him. She only did it to pull a deep sigh and when she faced him again, her brows were already furrowed and there was a smoke coming out of her head.

It was as if he was about to fight against a monster so he quickly stood away from her and brushed her long obsidian hair as he let out a sigh. It was a sigh of relief. First, he wasn't punched in the face. Second, his supposed-to-be fiancé didn't recognize him, the first prince of the Great Luveria Empire.

If only some things hadn't happened before-him having a curse and her losing her mana-they could've been married by now. Before he had been cursed, he heard the news that his soon-to-be fiancé had lost her mana making her ineligible to engage with him. Even if she had been gifted, she would still not gonna submit herself to him because she was head over toes to his stepbrother, Warryn.

Nevertheless, even if she chose Warryn over him or even if she had lost her mana given that he didn't catch a curse, he would still pursue her. She seemed to be interesting and smart, it'd be a waste if Prince Warryn got her. However, things suddenly went worse and he became a grim reaper overnight, burning every living thing he held.

But today he learned something interesting. Lady Clarish, a poor daughter of Marquis Belfford who didn't possess the elemental gift seemed to be immune to his flame. What a perfect pair, she's a void and he's cursed. It was as if both of them were greatly punished by the heavens and destiny brought them together again today.

Coincidence? I guess not.

"Lady Clarish!"

Reina looked around after she heard a familiar voice calling her name. There she saw Fiona, waving at her from a distance. Her expression became bright, tears escaped the corner of her eyes. She hurriedly ran to her maid, completely forgetting the man who saved her life. The maid hugged her tight and checked her.

"I was so worried, milady. Where have you gone to?" Fiona tearfully cried. "I thought you were kidnapped. This is all my fault."

"No, it was my fault, Fiona. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have stayed away from you." She suddenly remembered the man who saved her and when she looked back to where she came from, there was no one standing there anymore. She smiled and turned back to Fiona. "I got lost, someone helped me and brought me back here."