Chapter VI: The Louvern Castle Part 1

It was terrifying news for everyone in the house when they heard their lady Clarish would be sent off to live with the cursed prince in the Louvern Castle.

The marchioness had been crying her eyes out, she didn't wanna come out of her room. Clarish's younger brother also felt the same sadness about the news yet he remained brave and stayed by his mother's side. Reina couldn't get out of her mind how she had a quarrel with Jefferson when he heard that she would play the role of a sacrificial lamb and he got mad even more when their father seemed to be silent regarding the matter.

After the discussion with the aristocrat faction and getting approval from the head, it felt like Reina had taken the fishbone in her throat. But she would be lying if she said she liked how things turned out. Honestly, she doesn't want to leave them. She doesn't want to bid farewell to the servants who took great care of the house and the family members, to the chefs who had been her apprentices in making weird food, and especially to the members of the family whom she truly loved.

The mansion had become her comfort zone since the time she came into this strange world but her comfort zone might disappear in an instant if she wouldn't do something about the problem. That's why she couldn't stay here any longer. It was quite convenient that her former maid, Zenia, wasn't here because if she did, she wouldn't want to let her go too.

"Lady Clarish, there's a letter for you," one of the maids announced while entering her room after some knocks.

That was fast, she thought as she took the letter from the maid's hand. It's a letter from Prince Darius, a reply to the letter she sent to him announcing that she had already fixed the matters regarding her father's approval and the Scarlett faction. She would be arriving at his humble abode anytime he wanted to.

I'll await your arrival. Have a safe trip.

Only two lines, there were no formalities at all. It's very him.

"Milady, there's a royal carriage waiting for you outside. I believe it came along with the letter."

As soon as she heard what the maid added, she quickly stood and took a glance outside the window. There she saw a huge, luxurious carriage. She thought the letter must have been sent through the vehicle and not through the mailbox.

"I wonder if he's doing this for my safety or he just wanted to make sure that I'm really coming to him," she mumbled to herself with a bit of irritation.

"Prepare my things, I'll be traveling now."

The maid who had been wearing a concerned expression on her face was surprised and couldn't believe what she had said. It feels as though it's gonna be the end of the world. She genuinely smiled at the female servant.

"Y-yes, milady," the maid obeyed and picked up her small luggage as the other maids announced her sudden departure. With that, the marchioness finally pulled herself together and ran outside her room. Chester followed her.

As soon as they met at the entrance door Reina put up a bright smile at the two. She was worried that they would never see her off given that they'd felt betrayed by her but now that they were in front of her, she couldn't wish for anything.

"Winter's coming, will you be alright there? Do you really have to leave?" Those were the questions of not just a woman with a noble status but a loving mother who cares so much for her precious child.

"Please don't worry about me, mother. I've heard that the Winter in the Louvern City is not that cold so I'll be fine there." Even if she forced herself not to cry, tears began to stream down her cheek. She walked close and hugged the woman tightly. "Just because I'm leaving doesn't mean I'm not coming back. You don't have to worry about anything."