23• 이십삼

euphoriaa feeling of elation

euphoria
a feeling of elation

I stir from my deep slumber but regret it the next second

I stir from my deep slumber but regret it the next second. My heart stops beating and every muscle in my body goes stiff.

There was someone holding me.

In my bed.

I slowly look down making out faint traces of ink on the arm, holding me tight.

After coming back from the disastrous event, I was too exhausted so I changed my clothes and went to bed switching off my phone.

I didn't want to keep staring at a certain message from an unknown number and scare myself to death in anticipation of what is going to happen next. He wanted me to be restless in anticipation.

It was not rocket science to guess who it was after getting his old number blocked.

All the lights were off, even the small lamp on my bedside table which I never switch off, curtains on the window won't let the moonlight in.

If being claustrophobic wasn't enough not able to see anything makes me another degree of restless. Locked in a dingy dark closet starts to not be a faded memory, grasping it's treacherous invisible claws in my head from deep within.

A heavy arm was wrapped around my waist while the other was right under my head. He pulled me back into warmth of his huge built bringing me out of my head.

How did I not wake up!?

I didn't hear a sound.

I am nowhere near a heavy sleeper or he is just too good in his skills of moving around without making a noise.

It's still a mystery how he broke in even after I changed the locks for my apartment.

His breathing was calm and silent, opposite of mine who was ready to have a mini heart attack.

He is in my bed while I was lying defenseless and totally out of touch with reality. I wanted to curse myself out loud.

All the alarms in my head were going off. I was scared to even move a finger.