Chapter 3 - Day 1

We start heading off down the hill where Ranni's rise is. We don't talk much until we finally get outside of Caria Manor's gate. I finally get onto Torrent and look at Blaidd.

"Where is your horse?" I ask looking around 

"I do not need one," He says ready to run 

I look at him confused about whether or not he would run the whole way there. "Are you being serious?" 

"Im a half-wolf, I can run for as long as I want," He says before sprinting down the trail, leaving me behind. I look dumbfounded seeing him just run off so quickly. He just doesn't stop surprising me. 

"You ready Torrent?" I looked down at my horse as we started picking up speed

I few hours pass by. Mind you they weren't too fun since Blaidd was running ahead of me leading the way while I just sat on Torrent. The sun has nearly set so I can say, Blaidd has a lot of stamina. It wasn't too long until Blaidd slows down near a lake. I direct Torrent towards him wondering why we were stopping. 

"What's up?". Blaidd seems to be looking at the lake that splits in half into some bushes ahead of him. 

"Say, we've been at this for a while now, we should set up camp for the night," He says before putting down his bag of supplies

The amount of supplies he has in the bag seems heavy. Though I doubt he even notices the extra weight he had to carry throughout the day. It's a little scary. He has the strength of 5 rune bears and he can run with heavy weight for hours. Even I got tired of just riding Torrent.

Just who is this wolf...

I nod in agreement. Following suit in getting out supplies for the night. Im about done with getting my tent up and tying Torrent to a nearby tree. I've gotten used to sleeping in a tent whenever I couldn't find a place to rest at. Especially when you don't have any runes to spare.

There was even a time I had to rest outside an inn. They wouldn't let me get a room unless I paid the remaining 3 runes I owed. Not to sound like an asshole, but I was glad the owner got punched by some homeless during his smoke break. 

I look at Blaidd and,

well...

All I can say is that his tent was MASSIVE. Not only that but the supplies he had, contained multiple herbs and vials filled with unknown liquids. 

I shouldn't be surprised at the fact he was able to carry all of that. Once we were done, Blaidd turns to me. 

"Sit tight, ill be back with some firewood," the wolf says getting up. "alright ill go catch us some food for the night," I say following him. "No, you'll stay here" He points at the ground. "I'll get us something,"

"Well, what am I supposed to do? sit here?" He smiles "Yes, I need you to watch our stuff." He turns and leaves before I'm able to protest. His huge figure disappeared into the trees. I don't waste time and head near the lake to see whether or not there are some fish for me to catch. We're in the middle of nowhere, so I doubt there will be anyone that would come by. 

I look around in the murky water in front of me. The lake is huge so there's bound to be something in there that I could catch. I start rubbing my hands together, chanting a spell for me to work with the water. It wasn't long until huge groups of water started rising just above the water's surface. I focus on trying to use the sunset's light to my advantage and find a silhouette of some sort.  It was a good 30 minutes till I caught five fish, dumping them into a bag. I'm not a big eater, but I do know that three fish won't fill an 8 feet tall wolf.