Chapter 8 - Day 2, part 4 (A deal with a ???)

The cold continues to swirl around me as I feel my staff charge up in energy, slowly forming its body as I pull back an iridescent string. The more I slowly reel back the bow, multiple arrows start to form. 

It's f/c becoming brighter and brighter the longer I hold the spell. I feel my body falter for a moment, which resets the whole spell. The light faded away to almost a faint glow from my left hand. 

I think the lack of blood is getting to me. Fuck. Not now.

With another pull, I try recasting the spell. I can feel my body feel weaker from how much of my magic I'm using. The cold isn't helping either, the small cloud still spinning around me and attacking the exposed skin on my hands. While my body is relatively protected by Blaidd's coat, it's not enough to cover up my arms and hands. 

Blood gets sucked out of my body, little magic, cold, and alone. Not unfamiliar but I was hoping I wouldn't have that same feeling. I can feel doubt creeping up on me when deciding whether or not I would be able to cast this spell in my current condition. 

I hear screams and rumbling on the ground. Blaidd must have gotten to the golem. He better not be stupid.

Peaking through the mimic's eyes, I can see us, running around the Golem's feet dodging its rusted axe as it swings towards the ground. Blaidd seems to be doing right as he shoots more of its ice shards toward the golem's head. I retract my mind back to myself to continue focusing on my spell. 

I can do this, just keep pushing. 

Pulling harder I slowly get back where I once was in the spell, I still have a long way to go to cast it. 

As time passes, I can feel my hands start to freeze from the cold, It almost feels like they're about to fall off from the pressure I'm putting on them. 

I feel the third arrow form completely its size growing in correlation to the other two. Just one more. It's tricky enough as it is to do this dangerous spell since it takes up a lot of my power. 

The cold wind around feels like it's slowing down and the temperature is increasing.

This is bad, I forgot that this cloud doesn't last forever which means it's starting to fade away. Right as I notice this I hear a distinct scream coming from the wolf. 

Blaidd: "Y/NNN!"

Not a moment later I feel the presence of the mimic disappear. Fuck. The golem must've gotten to it. I wait for its memories to flash in my head which takes me by surprise.

As I rewatch them, I see Blaidd go in for an attack before the golem releases its fire breath toward him, only to be shoved out of the way by the mimic just in time. Still locked in the location, the golem increases its output of the fire which causes the mimic to slowly burn to death. The last thing it sees is Blaidd's face in shock and worry as it slowly loses consciousness. A headache slowly pulses around my head from the sudden burst of information. 

Thank you mimic, you served me well again. 

The cloud seems to die down quicker as time passes which allows me to bring in the fourth arrow, slowly growing in size with the other arrows. I need to hurry, Blaidd is on his own, and I only have what's left of the cloud of snow to stay in before the Golem notices me. 

A last wind flying by my ear indicates the last few seconds it has before revealing the green landscape around me. The ground is covered in snow and the golem is in full view. I can fully see what's in front of me now, but I'm still not done. 

Shit

Blaidd notices this as he tries to dodge the golem's swing at him, the axe digging in and dragging the dirt around. His small distraction causes him to be nicked by the axe which causes him to fall over onto his back.