Chapter 7 - Day 2 part 3 (Blood and self harm 18+)

So far, our travel has been the usual: trees and rocks. I forgot how boring it can get during long hours of travel. It's close to the end of the day, and considering there were no interruptions, we have regained our progress for  Fort Haight.  We decided to slow down and go at a slower pace, considering Blaidd and I were getting tired. Mostly me since sitting upright for hours tortures my back in the process. 

We started talking not too long ago. Blaidd would come near me and be close to my height when talking while I was on Torrent. It's a little bizarre, I can say. I'm not short, he's just tall.

We come across a clearing, a somewhat flat grassland spacing far into the distance. If you were completely blind you wouldn't notice some of the destroyed Golems laying on the ground. They're ancient from what I know. They used to roam around here, full of "life" as some would say. It wasn't until recent events that have caused them to get destroyed and left behind to wither away. I look down at Blaidd as he starts to slow down, getting closer to me

"I think it's best if we watch where we're going. I'm not too comfortable letting our guard down around these places," he looks around, his ears twitching and moving around, searching for any sounds apart from ours.  

I try to muster up a snarky response but then again he is right, even if they have been inactive for a long time, the chances of them reactivating again aren't too low. 

"You know, I've heard stories about these things coming back out of nowhere. Although I haven't seen them move an inch." I say while getting torrent to move at a slower pace than normal. There's a small silence as we tread through the path, broken pieces that were once part of an anonymous golem lay around us.

"That's cause they can still move. Some aren't destroyed, like that one." The wolf points to one of the golems next to us, giving an example of its unscathed exterior. Some scratches can be seen as we walk by, some holes even. "To defeat one in our height, we'd need to destroy its ankles." 

"Doesn't sound too hard to do, we're already small compared to them,"  I say looking back at him. 

"That's the twist, it is easier to say than do."  he looks back at me. "You see, the people who created them already knew that would be the main thing they would attack, which is why most if not all, have better protection down there than the rest of their armor." 

"How, do you know all this?" I ask, he seems to have a good amount of knowledge in battle about these creations.

"That's cause I've fought them before." He says giving a toothy and egotistical grin. 

"Ohhhhhh, Mr. imsostrongicandefeatagolem, interesting,"  I say sarcastically, smiling at him. "What did you do? pee on its leg? wait don't tell me, did it get scared after you humped it's le-" 

"Alright alright, enough," he says waving me off. "Didn't expect you to be Speciest, I'm not a dog" He looks a little annoyed by that but forgets about it. I can't help but feel a little a tad bit regretful for acting like he's a dog. before I can say anything he speaks again. "At least I can run at full speed without huffing and puffing" He chuckles at his comeback

"Oh come on it's cause ur tall, I have short legs so I have to move faster to even catch up with you." I give him a playful slap on his shoulder as we begin to get back in our mood.

As we start to talk again, I pull out my map of where we would be heading next. I look over what we have traveled. Almost more than halfway, but I doubt we'll get the rest of the way there in the time we have left for the day. 

I can't help but hear a roaring noise, as it rumbles through torrent. I think that he might be a little thirsty after traveling a lot longer without a meal.