Chapter 12 - Fort Haight Part 2

Blaidd smiles at me with his fur dripping with blood. His teeth poke out at the same time.

I'm sure it's not his, but god does he look creepy like that.

Y/N: "You got something on your face."

Blaidd: "I can say the same for you, you look like you took a beating."

I chuckle a bit.

Y/N: "Did you get it?"

Blaidd: "One of the knights gave me a bit of a run for my runes, but yeah" he pulls out the first half of the medallion.

Y/N: "What's next?"

Blaidd: "Fort Faroth. it's a little ways from here, but I'm sure we can get there in no time."

Y/N: "All alright, we should....probably.....set up.....camp" Suddenly I feel exhausted, like really, really exhausted.

I can't help but hunch over on my knees and take a few deep breaths. I feel like I just ran for 10 hours.

Curse: " Times up! Try not to pass out this time alright."

What did you do?!

Curse: "Nothing! Your body is just experiencing withdrawal. You didn't forget about last time did you?"

Damn, I forgot about the effects. I need to watch my anger and its impulses.

Y/N: "H-hey Blaidd." I huff.

Blaidd: "Y-yea, are you feeling alright? That giant did a number on you didn't he."

Y/N: "Yea I just...need some rest... You know what, I'm just gonna...lay right here." I fall on my ass, my legs are done.

Blaidd: "Oh sunshine"

Blaidd shakes his head as he walks towards my disheveled state.

Blaidd: "Alright, up we go, get on."

I look up and see Blaidd crouching in front of me, waiting for me to climb onto his back. I don't argue and reach around his neck fluff, and wrap my legs around his waist. Before he gets up to adjust me, I slip and frantically snag onto his nape by pulling on his fur.

Blaidd: "GLHK!"

Y/N: "Put me down, PUT ME DOWN I'M GONNA FALL!" I reach around him to hoist myself up but accidentally pull on his cheek.

Blaidd: "leth go of my fathe!" the wolf tilts his head back trying to lessen the strain on his face.

He stumbles across the room trying to regain his balance from the shift of weight. The more he does, I can't help but pull in different directions trying not to fall myself.

As much as Blaidd wanted to regain his balance, he couldn't help but fall over from my constant flailing. I fall with him.

Blaidd: "Y/n, oh gods are you ok!"

I can't help but chuckle and laugh at what just happened.

Y/N:" Hahaha, I don't know what happened"

I wheeze from the laughter.

The wolf can't help but smile at me as I roll around laughing. He looks a little confused before laughing himself.

Y/N: "hahaha I'm such a mess" I sigh feeling a bit more relaxed.