Cottage

Lyra opens her eyes when they arrive at her home which is situated on the side of a cliff overlooking the ocean. Lyra turns and opens the door with a touch of her hand and she guides him into the house.

"This is...not what I expected" he says.

Kreacher pops into existence and he says

"Kreacher will get young mistress and master Snape tea and biscuits!" He says before taking Lyla's cloak and popping away.

"You've lived here all your life with a house elf?"

He asks confused.

Lyra goes over to one of the plump chairs and she says

"and?" Lyra says.

"Did no one know about you?" He asks sitting down.

Lyra sighs "my parents did." Lyra says quietly.

"Yes of course but..." he stops when he sees Lyra's face.

But the expression quickly fades and becomes expressionless again.

"So you have no guardian?"

Kreacher is my guardian in every way that matters. He bonded to me after..." Lyra stops.

"After Regulus passed?" Snape says.

"Yes" Lyra says.

"Luckily in the aftermath  no one cared what happened to a death eaters child" Lyra says softly

"have you gone out apart from today?" Severus asks.

Lyra's eyes narrow. Then she shakes her head.

"You send Kreacher?" He asks.

Lyra nods. At that moment the elf himself appears and vanishes after making Lyra's tea. Lyra leans forward to get her tea and she sits back on the chair crossing her legs underneath her.

"People have searched for you"

"Be that as it may I would rather not become a pawn auctioned off to whatever family has the most influence."

"Ah. The Malfoys." Severus says understanding.

"Exactly." Lyra says. They sip and munch on the small snack for a few minutes in silence.

"You would be beginning your second year you know" he says suddenly. Lyra raises an eyebrow.

"Truly?" "Yes it seems ..our system did not detect you before now and still your home address is unknown location."

"Does anyone actually check those? What if it said the broom closet or someone's dungeon?"

Snape smirks and he says "we usually visit muggleborn families to introduce them into our world you on the other hand..."

"Magic is known to me as breathing is...the world vibrates with it"

"Indeed. Now on to another question what exactly did you give Mister Argus?" He asks.

"I have no idea what you're referring to professor" Lyra says.

"Very well then. Tomorrow we will get your supplies in the alley and perhaps a pet to keep you company." Lyra nods and she stands up and says

"feel free to stay tonight this cottage has plenty of rooms"