Balance or Division

Lyra lays alone in one of the softest beds she's ever felt. It is two weeks since Firelord Zuko declared the end of the war.

Peace on the other hand is more complicated then sound of the bells to stop fighting.

Lyra stands up carefully and she retreats into the bathroom for a warm bath before she puts on her outfit. She has the job of being Zuko's confidant and advisor known as the Dragon Sorceress her abilities are still a mystery to most. Lyra smiles at herself and she keeps her short hair in a braided bun. She sighs as she lets a small strand hang down and she gets her knapsack before going into the hallway. She inclines her head to guards and servants and then she waits by the door to be announced. "Lady Lyra Dragon Sorceress!" Lyra steps in and inclines her head before stepping to stand next to Zuko who inclines his head before taking a seat at the rounded table.

"Kernel Shu the update on the Hau Ra colonies" he says getting right to business.

"My men are working with the locals to relocate to the fire nation mainland however we have hit a problem" he says.

"Please speak" Zuko says.

"Well you see sir the families ...the different bending nations mixed sir so some of them are neither native to the fire nation or the earth kingdom" there's a silence and then someone else says

"The island can not possibly house every person with fire baton heritage even if it just half or less!"

"General Ghu do you believe we can amend the agreement to allow mixed families to stay where they are?"

"Frankly your people are invaders and if they do not vacate the colonies it would be an act of war"

"You understand there is an entire population living in the colonies who are native to where they are now not any one nation?" Lyra says speaking up.

"Quiet girl you know not what you speak" he snaps.

"Kindly do not speak to Lady Lyra that way general Ghu. She is my friend and personal advisor"

"Pardon me I suppose I should address her as the royal pet?" He snickers as Zuko stiffens and then Lyra puts a hand on his arm.

Lyra turns to him and she searches the faces of those gathered. Representatives of all nations were gathered there all but those from the colonies.

"Fire Lord Zuko perhaps it would be wise to seek representation from the colonies themselves especially the older ones. Someone in the government and someone who is representative of the people themselves."

Lyra says.

Zuko's angry face turns to Lyra and then slowly his eyes begin to clear and he smiles. "You are brilliant" he says before turning to the assembled set of people.

"All in favor??" Zuko asks.

Several people raise their hands to confirm the vote after the scribe writes down the count he gives Zuko a single nod and he says "very well then. Representatives from the earth kingdom and the fire nation will find the ambassadors and a meeting with be scheduled  for two months time. If there is nothing else we are adjourned" he says.

A man Lyra can't quite place raises his hand and says "pardon me Firelord Zuko did you just imply you will not be present for the next meeting?" Whispers travel up and down the round table and Zuko gives the man a small smile.

"My uncle will take over as interim fire-lord in a weeks time currently he is training a collection of tea makers from the Ghu Shi colony who are fire benders to make tea and ...watch over his business in Ba Sing Se while he is here. I will be with my close friend Lyra as we find a way to get her home" he says. The man's eyes look to Lyra and and he says "perhaps we can discuss this over tea?" "Yes that would be fine Chief Hackoda" he says before turning to the group at large. "Nothing else?" He pauses a moment and then he says "tea and entrees will be available in the parlors and dining hall as always do treat my staff with respect I consider them a part of my family" he stands bows and Lyra leaves after him before the others begin to leave.