Fishing trip

Lyra sits on the highest point of the temple she sits next to her dragon bird Ayska who like her is using the time in the early light to simply bask in the sun. Lyra's legs are folded under her and her eyes are shut....

"Finally there you are" a voice says but Lyra doesn't a knowledge it. "Uh hello?" The voice says and this time Ayska turns and simply chuffs at the girl.

The dragon bird stands up standing protectively over her charge.

The girl then pulls water from her pouch at her side and tosses it towards Lyra before the water soaks her it freezes over her head suspended in mid air.

Lyra stands up the water rapidly changing form into steam.

"I hope you have a good reason to interrupt my meditation" Lyra says carefully.

"You aren't an air bender or even a fire bender"  Katara says.

Lyra sighs. Then she says "meditation is not element specific" with that Lyra goes over to Ayska and she gently touches the dragon birds chin.

"I only came to get you to help with breakfast" the girl snaps. Lyra raises an eyebrow and she says "if you're going to stay with us you need to make yourself useful" she says.

"And that includes doing whatever you say?" Lyra asks.

"Well of course! I'm...older then you" Lyra sighs and she says "you know as well as I do that you have no standing in this. Now if you will excuse me I must return to my mediation" Katara begins to grumble as she walks back down the mountain.

Lyra decides to get on the fire bird and she prompts it to fly by speaking softly to it and soon she finds herself in a wild over grown garden that clearly was once meant for medicinal herbs and other plants. Lyra finds an old store closet and she gets a basket and she begins collecting various herbs and ingredients. She sits next to a small pound and she traps a frog and uses a special tool to extract its bile.

"What are you doing?" Lyra jumps slightly  and then she says "I'm gathering basic herbs so I can make a stock of healing and battle potions"

"I meant with the frog" he says coming closer and studying it. "It didn't harm him" Lyra says quietly. Aang watches the frog for a few moments.

"I don't understand why not just have a water bender heal?" Lyra sighs. She pulls out a leather pack she had been working on to have basic potions "this is for the basic potions such as burn potion,energy restoration, blood loss and chi regenerator, I've also included a magical bandage that'll expand and self clean for up to 48 hours along with darkness pellets."

"What's a darkness pellet?" Aang asks. Lyra picks one up and she says "go ahead toss it."  Aang tosses it and his eyes widen as a thick black cloud obscures his vision. The smoke clears and there's a high pitched sound that only Lyra can hear. She raises her hand to cancel the spell. "What happened?" Aang asks.

"You didn't hear the second part of that defense there's a high pitched ringing sound to further disorient the enemy"  Lyra says.

"Aang isn't going to defeat the firelord with tricks"  a voice behind Aang says "actually Prince Zuko said- "he isn't here teaching you Aang but I am so come on" she says hastily pulling him from Lyra's space. Lyra sighs and she goes to sit at the edge of the cliff.

"Hey" Lyra turns and she sees Toph standing a bit away from her. Lyra carefully gets to her feet and Toph grins. "How ya feeling?" Toph asks. Lyra doesn't say anything and Toph says "firelord really did a number on you" Lyra wraps her arms around herself. "There's more isn't there?" Lyra sighs and she turns and looks into the distance.

"I came from another world Toph. My...uncle sold me to the fire-lord to get me out of the way. He didn't want me ...interfering..." Lyra smiles to herself. "After the battle Zuko promised me he would help me get home" Toph looks sad and then she says "do you think I could visit?"

"Sure. The cottage gets lonely sometimes anyway and there's plenty of room Kreacher has always wanted more people to care for" Lyra says. She goes and sits on the edge of a fountain.

"Kreacher?" Toph says sitting beside Lyra and putting her bare feet into the water. "He's my house elf. He's been in my family for generations ...I've lived with him my entire life....until the Malfoy's somehow convinced the headmaster to give them custody ...see it was winter holiday they were angry"

"Who was angry?" "Well it was more like Mister Malfoy he blamed me for Draco getting Petrified" Lyra says softly.

"Wait petrified like turned to stone?" She asks.

Lyra nods and then she says "yes. Of course the monster was tricked or forced to listen to the command of Riddle...it wasn't her fault" Lyra says.

"Who's fault?" Toph asks.

Lyra's sharp ears prick when she hears something.

"Hey what's that?" Toph says jumping up. Together they run down to the main level and Lyra sees a firenation airship. Zuko is standing next to the ship looking awkward while katara a man and Sokka embrace.

Lyra walks over to Zuko and for a moment neither do anything. Then Lyra slowly reaches forward to touch his cheek that has a new scar on it. "Who hurt you?"

"It's alright" he says. Lyra tilts her head when she notices his uniform. "You've been caught" "we got away" Zuko says.

"Yes but they would've followed you." Lyra says slowly.

His eyes widen and he says "what should we do?" He says softly as not to stir up panic. Lyra takes his hand and brings him away from the larger group.

Unnoticed Toph follows within earshot.

"They let you get away so you'd lead them to Aang!" Zuko bites his lip and then his eyes widen.

"Stay calm." Lyra says softly. We just need to think about this. Lyra puts a hand on her chin and she says "I'm still weak I can't put a shield around the temple. We should leave to avoid damage to the temple we should leave in groups to prevent being followed." Zuko nods and he says "I think we have a listener"

"Who Toph?" Lyra says. Zuko's eyes widen and he says "you knew?" "Yep. This way she'll suggest my plan and it won't be instantly forgotten rejected by sugar queen" Toph grins and she says "nice one" Lyra takes a small bow and she pulls Zuko into the other rooms so he can change and she can pack. Once she's in a suitable travel outfit and her bag is on her wrist as a bracelet only her water skin is visible and her dagger on her hilt. Her wand still is hidden unseen by any on her wrist.

Toph comes over to Lyra and Zuko. "We're leaving now Aang,Sokka and Katara will be on Appa, Hackoda, Duke and Haru will escape on foot through that tunnel." "Okay what about- ..." Lyra stops talking when she hears a fire blast she leaps into the air covering Zuko with a shield so neither of them are harmed.

Quickly she and Zuko get onto Ayska and Lyra urges the dragon bird to fly. "Where are we headed?" Lyra asks "I can't tell you" Zuko says Lyra tilts her head and he says when I was in the fire nation I set up a network called the Pheniox network. Everyone will go to a first location from there they'll go to the next only one of us knows the next location and only I know the meeting place." "In case we get caught"

Lyra says breathless. Zuko nods and they both stare out into the cloudy weather.

Lyra hears something just before something wraps around her waist.

"Zuko!" Lyra says as suddenly she's stopped from the dragon bird and suspended in mid air she stops kicking when an arrow pierced her shoulder and it causes her entire body to go limp. "No! Lyra!" Zuko considers going after her until he hears something in his mind.

Don't you dare ...come after me...go...before they catch you too...he watches as her eyes shut and he sinks down onto the back of the firebird and he puts a hand on her back holding the magical creature from going back as well.

He lands and brings the dragon bird the stables before he knocks on the door. "Where would I find a bezoar?" The man asks.

"The stomach of a goat" Zuko responds. The man looks behind Zuko and says "you are missing magic" "what?" Zuko says.