Class

Lyra follows Hermione Ron and Harry from the charms class the great hall for defense class. Lyra recognizes a dueling platform.

She sighs as the defense teacher climbs up along with professor Snape. Her wand stays in her holster as she watches the exchange. A small smirks curves onto her face as the defense professor is disarmed.... "How about a student pair?" Gildroy says "Longbottom and...Black!"
He says.

"Might I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy!" He says.

Lyra's face is expressionless as she goes onto the platform
She sends the teacher a scathing glare when he approaches and almost puts a hand on her arm he backs away slowly and Lyra turns to face her opponent.

Malfoy ...his mother is her aunt isn't she? Which makes them...cousins!

Lyra walks over to Draco and she holds her wand up they bow and he says

"scared Black?"

"You wish" Lyra responds. They both turn and Malfoy manages to get the first spell which produces a black serpent Lyra looks at the serpent silently communicating with it and she performs a vanishing spell to remove it from harms way.

Lyra then follows up with a disarming spell that's quickly blocked. Malfoy follows up with a leg locker which Lyra dodges - "remember disarm only!"

Lockhart says even as Lyra dodges and sends various elements and flashes of light to knock Draco off hit feet. A rush of wind and water hits him and he falls flat onto his back and the weight of the wind holds him down until Lyra releases the wind.

A few moments pass as the second years erupt into excited chatter ... then they go quiet as Lyra walks across the dueling platform

She bends and offers a hand to the fair headed Slytherin and his eyes widen as he hesitates and then takes it.

Lyra holds out her hand "good duel?" She says her voice soft. A moment passes and then he takes her hand

"Good duel" he says. 

"Splendid!" Gilderoy says he ushers Lyra and Draco from the platform and he says "pair off! With someone not from your house!" He adds.

Lyra and Draco stay paired off and the go into a clear area. "Could you show me the wind spell?" Draco asks excitement pouring into his voice.

Lyra looks at him for a moment and she says "do you know how to..feel your magic?"

Draco looks surprised but he nods. Lyra nods and she puts her wand into her holster. Then she takes a deep breath and her eyes flash gold as she says

blǣst

Draco's robes flutter but he isn't knocked down. "How what..." he says.

Lyra inclines her head and she watches him breath deeply he extends his hand and he repeats the word

blǣst

Nothing happens. "Why didn't anything happen?" He asks exasperated.

Lyra raises an eyebrow and she says "breathe into it" Lyra says. He nods

He raises his hand breathing deeply and slowly his eyes open and he says  "blǣst" his eyes flash gold and Lyra steps back surprised by the force of his wind.

Lyra grins and that quickly fades as she sees Lockhart coming towards them.

Draco looks at her and then he glances behind him and he quickly pulls out his wand he tries to catch Lyla's eye. He steps forward and puts a hand on her shoulder and turns to the teacher.