Kindle to a flame

It's another week before Aang and Zuko decide to head to the sun warrior ruins Lyra is up and walking as much as she can.

She stays mostly to herself Sokka keeps a close distance on her watching her back along with Toph.

Haru and the others stay close to Katara as their are closer to her in views about her and the prince.

Lyra takes out her wand and she raises it in her shaking hand she aims it at a stone target she has made herself. "Diffindo!" Lyra says she breathes a sigh of relief when the stone piece breaks in half. Lyra breathes deeply before repairing the target with "reparo"

A day and a half after Aang and Zuko went to the sun warrior ruins Lyra is the the first person to see Appa flying back towards the temple. Lyra is sitting at the highest point of the temple her arm is out of the cast as she had fixed it with her own magic and potions she's doing a kata moving slowly her fire a pale yellow ...she stops and presses her arms down as Appa lands and she walks slowly over to him and she buries her face in his fur.

Zuko lands next to Lyra and he puts a gentle hand on her shoulder. Lyra turns to him her face not revealing what she's thinking.

"How was it?" Lyra asks Aang and Zuko share a glance and Lyra says "what is it?" Zuko takes something from his tunic and he blows into it. To Lyra's surprise a beautiful golden dragon like creature flies over to Lyra and swirls around her before kneeling it's head.

"Zuko?" Lyra says softly not taking her eyes off of the creature.

"The chief said our arrival was foretold and...this egg was just hatched and the dragon is.."

"Yours" Zuko says. 

Lyra tilts her head. "Mine?"

"He called you the last of the dragon speakers a daughter of Emyrus himself" Aang says.

Lyra's eyes widen. "Emyrus is like my great great great great grandfather." Lyra says softly.

The dragon like creature beside Lyra makes a musical noise and Lyra turns to her her eyes widen.

Hello child Lyra's eyes widen.

She touches the dragon's head and the soft feathers of the young dragon nuzzles her.

It is alright little one. I am a descendant of the Great Dragon

Ayska

Lyra whispers the name to Zuko and Aang it sounds like a hiss but they still understand the name.

Lyra gently touches the dragons head and she looks to Zuko and Aang. "Ran and Shaw?" She asks softly. Zuko nods once and he says "they gave us permission to tell you but only you. We were tested and we passed" Lyra raises an eyebrow

"In other words ...you have your bending"

Zuko nods smiling at her.

He gently takes her arm and together they walk to the main area where Sokka and the others are waiting with Aang who is waving his arms around telling the others the agreed upon story given to them by the sun warriors Ayska is sleeping curled up like a large cat next to Appa.

"Is someone going to explain what that ...creature is?" Katara asks.

"It's a dragon ..bird" Lyra says quietly. "You stole it?!" She turns to Zuko accusingly.

Zuko backs up and raises his hands "of course not ...it was uh given to us" Toph raises her eyebrow behind Katara and Lyra says "Sokka didn't you mention that you and Zuko were going to go on a fishing trip tomorrow?"