Yule

The headmaster Severus Snape and the Black house elf Kreacher   and several curse breakers work for four days to try to redirect the spirit of Lyra back into her body. The morning of the fifth day Alfie is sitting at the end of Lyra who appears to be sleeping peacefully. It is sunrise when she breathes in a great rush of air then she feels great pain all at once the curses thrown at her begin to match and appear on her physical body ....Alfie begins to bark alerting the matron before the charms do. She rushes to Lyra's side her eyes are closed as she spasms on the bed and curls onto her side her long reddish hair is matted and dry her face is covered with it...the nurse comes over and begins to scan her looking for signs of trauma and she begins to work on the lesser injuries before spelling in a calming and pain potion. Lyra's spasms slowly begin to die down and she goes still. Alfie whines and the nurse pats the dog on the head before she sits down next to Lyra.

Draco Malfoy who had begun to spend as much time as possible in the infirmary comes from restocking the potions cabinet and he stands outside the privacy curtain "Poppy?" His small voice asks. "You may come in Draco" Draco pokes his head in and his smile is replaced by a grimace when he sees the girl he had grown to care for on the bed still.

"Come she's awake" the nurse says and he sits down and gently begins to rub her hand they had developed a kind of code with different taps to mean different things they often used it in class when not sitting together.

He taps his fingers in a pattern Lyra it's Draco and he waits a few moments and then Lyra slowly lifts her finger and she taps her finger in response Draco...her hand spasms and then goes limp.

Two weeks later....

Lyra is walking with Draco who holds onto her for support as they go to the great hall for the last meal before Yule holidays. "Where are you staying?" Draco asks Lyra. "Here" Lyra says quietly. "I...I rather I wasn't alone Kreacher is great and I'll spend time with him but I just.." "feel safer here at the castle?" Draco asks.

Lyra nods and she begins to eat her soup. "Miss Black Mr. Malfoy come with me please"

Lyra sets down her mug of soup and she stands up using Draco for support.

Alfie chuffs at being torn away from his dinner and Lyra follows their transfiguration professor to the headmasters office.

Draco suddenly becomes stiff at the sight of the blonde haired man

"Draco..." "father" he says inclining his head. Lyra takes a seat and Professor Mcgongall says

"miss Black there has been a change of plan for the Yule holidays everyone is being sent home so the school can be searched for the chamber"

"Okay I will return home with Kreacher then" Lyra says.

She pushes herself up and Lucius says

"actually you will be joining my family at our manor it is suitable as we are your only available family"

"I appreciate the offer but I will be otherwise occupied" Lyra says softly.

She doesn't stand up but she turns when the headmaster says "it's a ministry order signed by the minister himself granting the Malfoys guardianship over you as such it is better you not be under the sole supervision of a house elf for the holidays" Lyra keeps her face carefully free from emotion.

Her hands clench the arm rests of the chair and she says "fine then may I be excused professor?" "Yes of course dear" professor Mcgongall says. Lyra pushes herself up and she inclines her head to the headmaster before she begins to leave. She's walking with Alfie when she hears Lucius Malfoy hissing to Draco.