Hogwarts

Lyra stands at the edge of the cliff overlooking the black lake. She sits down right at the edge a large dog lazes beside her she scoots back and he lays his head in her lap as she strokes his head.

Lyra sighs as the watch professor Snape gave her gives her a little buzz. Lyra looks at the watch and reads

Defense exam in 15 minutes return to castle. 3rd floor the door with the portrait of the blonde man smiling. -S

Lyra wrinkles her nose as she stands stretching her arms above her head. Then she begins to walk towards the school. She goes up the stairs and down a hallway until she comes to a portrait of a grinning man with bright blonde hair and dazzling blue eyes.

"Nauseating isn't it Alfie?" Lyra says quietly. Then Lyla raises her first to knock when the door opens and the madman himself opens the door and he grins down at Lyra.

"Come in! Come in my dear!" He says loudly. Lyra calmly goes into his office and he indicates a desk. "Sit sit!" He says and Lyra goes and sits down. Alfie sits next to her and he says "I do hope you brought a quill"

"But of course" Lyra says she takes one out and he says "jolly good! Get started on that quiz and then we shall go from there" Lyra inclines her head before she begins to thumb through the quiz paper.

Lyra sighs when she sees the first question

What is Guildroy Lockheart's favorite color?

Lyra wrinkles her nose as the questions get more and more ridiculous ...

Footsteps vibrate through the otherwise silent classroom Lyra looks up before Lockheart pauses beside the desk. He picks up the paper.

"A pity really...such a great and powerful family ..a dark family perfectly evil ...reduced to a little girl" Lyra glances up at him raising an eyebrow.

"Pardon?" Lyra says.

"I am merely remarking on how every soul in your family went dark" he says.

Lyra tilts her head and she stands up and puts her quill away and puts her bag over her shoulder. Alfie stands and gives a small growl as Lyra says "if that is all professor I should be going"

"Not so fast" he says reaching forward and grabbing Lyla's wrist. Lyra stands still and she says "unhand me" her voice is cold and clear ...

"Why should I?" He asks Lyra looks up at him her eyes glaring at him. He throws back his head and laughs.

He pushes her away Lyra stumbles back and she drops her bag to the floor as she sees him whip out a wand.

Lyra quickly changes a nearby chair into a large wooden shield blocking the curses she ducks and rolls as he blasts the wooden shield into pieces wood splinters embed into her arms and legs and she stands back up and dodges another attack.

He advances on her quickly and a yellow spell hits her and Lyla's eyes widen as unimaginable pain hits her in waves she manages to slip her wand away as she fights her hands curled into fists trying to fight off the magic ....it blossoms in her chest and as he increases his spell Lyra begins to feel heavier and heavier like a great weight is on her like she's on fire and ice cold all at once Lyra collapses and he comes over lifting his foot above her he stomps on her side and stomach saying

"This ...at ey ....to...''em you....deserve is!" He says. Lyra curls up on her side and then something is licking her hand something wet ...sapphire eyes open wide and Lyra's hand curls around the harness Alfie is wearing.

Slowly Lyra begins to pull herself to her knees. Then she stands up and she manages to collide the water particles in the air creating a thick smoke then Lyra rushes forward and collects her bag before she rushes from the room