Chapter 3: Origins

(It has been 10 minutes after the battle between Azur Lane and the Red Axis. The whole base looked like a ship graveyard of destroyed Siren ships. Ships belonging to Azur Lane were on fire and severely damaged. Retrieval teams were bringing injured shipgirls to shore. Meanwhile, Cleveland and other shipgirls were now starting repairs. Aegis was still tracking the escaped shipgirls belonging to the Red Axis with his recon drones. So far they are maintaining a steady pace and moving away from the Azur Lane base.)

Prince of Wales: Pardon me but I don't understand.

Aegis: I want to know where I am and how I am alive or in this case human.

Enterprise: You mean you don't know where you are or how you came to be.

Aegis: (*shakes his head in response*) No. I have no idea where I am or how I came to life. The only reference I have that took me here is that this base is located in the same place as Hawaii. I also tracked your distress call to get here accurately.

Prince of Wales: If that's the case come with us and we can talk more.

Aegis: (*looks around for a moment*) Does this base have a dock for battleships?

Enterprise: Over there. That dockyard is reserved for battleships and carriers. Go ahead and pick a spot. (*points to the dockyard*)

Aegis: (*nods) Thank you.

(Aegis quickly deactivated his rigging mode allowing his ship form to materialize. The shipgirls of Azur Lane stand in awe of his ship form. Sleek hull and superstructure. There was none that they could comprehend to Aegis. His entire ship was like an artist-designed masterpiece. Elegant and deadly. Though none of them knew his design was based on naval stealth technology in mind. Aegis jumped on top of his ship form and proceeded to one of the empty docks of the dockyard.)

Enterprise: Incredible. I've never seen a ship like that.

Cleveland: Me neither! Whoever designed him is seriously good at designing ships. I don't see anything that I know that I can compare with!

Prince of Wales: Hmm...Interesting.

Illustrious: What is it?

Prince of Wales: He looks underpowered. Yet it deceives those who only look at the surface. His appearance describes something that makes him unique.

(Aegis carefully guides his ship to the dockyard and finds a spot. After carefully docking his ship Aegis jumped down and was back again with the shipgirls who followed him.)

Aegis: Shall we continue?

Prince of Wales: (*nods*) Yes. Follow us.

(Aegis didn't say anything else. The rest followed behind Aegis and are interested in finding more information about their unknown savior and finding out if he can be trusted or not. After a few moments, the group arrived at the command building. Aegis was hoping a Commander was here, unfortunately, Wales informed him the Commander was arriving tomorrow. After walking through the hallway they arrived at the Commander's office and sat down.)

Prince of Wales: Apologies if you can't meet the Commander today.

Aegis: It is alright. Hopefully, we can get this done as smoothly as possible.

Prince of Wales: Indeed. So then can you tell us your origins?

Aegis: I've already told you the rest. However, your world and mine are different yet we fight the same enemy.

Enterprise: The Sirens. And what do you mean by your world and ours?

Aegis: (*nods*) Correct. By how I see it. It would seem that there are complete differences between our worlds. So, I'll start with who I am. I am BB-1016, USS Aegis the 3rd ship of NATO-class nuclear-powered battleships belonging to the United States of North America, a member nation of NATO. Laid down on July 27, 2053, and launched on March 27, 2055.