Chapter 5: Rest and New Arrivals

(Yesterday Morning)

Yorktown: Look, the ocean is so pretty today.

Enterprise was standing near Yorktown as they both looked at the rising sun on the horizon of the ocean.

Enterprise: I've never felt that the ocean is beautiful. From the moment we were born, the ocean has been a place of war. There's nothing beautiful about that. Besides, Sister, the ocean is where you...

Yorktown: That's not true. You're only forgetting. We are ships, taking on the forms of humans. The beauty of the sea is engraved in our souls. One day, you'll remember what wishes the people place in your name. Blessing to the Azur Lanes. (*holds her hand*) Enterprise, my dear little sister.

(Present Day)

Enterprise: Hey can I ask you something?

Aegis: (*looks at her*) What is it?

Enterprise: Is the ocean beautiful?

(Enterprise and Aegis were standing on top of a cliff overlooking the ocean. After the battle yesterday Aegis and the other shipgirls were now resting. As Wales said, the base commander did arrive yesterday afternoon and met Aegis face-to-face. After Wales, gave the summary of Aegis' origins and his proposal to the Azur Lane, the base commander by the name of James Allenforth agreed to his proposal and relayed it to the higher-ups of both Eagle Union and Royal Albion. After a lengthy discussion of terms, Aegis was now a provisionary member of the Eagle Union Navy seeing as the nation is the alternate version of USNA. As promised, Aegis distributed communication earpieces and encrypted radios that were tuned to his frequency. Luckily, he had more than enough for everyone in the base due to the fact that they were supposed to be given to the 400 marines that never came aboard him.)

Aegis: You want to know if I find the ocean beautiful? Why?

Enterprise: I want to know what you think of it... So, answer me honestly.

(Aegis only answered her question with one word.)

Aegis: Yes.

Enterprise: Why?

Aegis: Even though the ocean has been a place of war to humanity for centuries, it is also the reason why it grew in the first place. Humanity explored and spread out using it. It is also the ocean the reason why Christopher Columbus found the Americas and became the reason why the U.S. existed... (*looks at her*) It is also the reason why you and I exist in the first place.

Enterprise: (*stares at him*)

Aegis: Yes, the ocean will always be a battlefield of humanity for the next centuries. But it can also be a place of beauty and life.

Enterprise: How? We're not real humans you know? We are ships that took the form of humans. How will we find beauty in it?

Aegis: You are right. We may not be real humans...but we can learn to try.

(Enterprise didn't say another word after Aegis answered her questions. Can they really find beauty in the ocean? Ships that took on the form of humans, whose only purpose is to fight a war. She didn't say another word but only stared silently at the ocean.)

(Cafeteria)

(Javelin and Laffey were eating at the cafeteria. Laffey saw Javelin lost in her thoughts and wasn't eating her food.)

Laffey: You're not gonna eat?

Javelin: Oh, sorry... I was thinking.

(Port)