Soulmate

Jennie never really believed in soulmates or fate she thought lovesick fools made it up that was until Lisa manoban came crashing into her life literally she remembered meeting her like it was yesterday she knows it's kind of ridiculous but she feels that every decision led her to Lisa that day it was true fate today was no different every choice she made always led to her standing on this dimly lit street coincidently at the exact time Lisa got off work.

"Hey nini" Lisa's soft voice came pressing a soft kiss to her cheek "good day at work? You look happy" Jennie shook her head still smiling "no it was honestly one of the worst shifts I've ever had in my life" Lisa raised an eyebrow linking their arms as they walked "what? Why are you so happy then?" Jennie shrugged "I guess I had a epiphany today that's all" Lisa paused "oh" Jennie could practically see the doubts pilling into her head "it was a romantic one" she added intertwining their hands squeezing Lisa's hand in her own to reassure her

Lisa glanced at her "go on then I want to hear it" Jennie smiled at her "we're soulmates" Lisa stared at her ludicrously "seriously it took you a year to figure that out? I've known since day one" Jennie rolled her eyes "alright miss epiphany princess we all work at different paces" Lisa giggled swinging their hands as they continued to walk "queen I am a queen" she teased

Jennie nodded "that you are the most beautiful queen ever" Lisa blushed "god if having this epiphany has made you cheesy I hate to wonder what Jisoo unnie is going to say" Jennie chuckled lowly pulling Lisa closer "I really don't care about that you're the queen of my heart I'm afraid you've done the impossible Lili"

Lisa stared at her bright brown eyes sparkling "hmm and what's that?" Jennie stared back blue eyes shining bright full of love and care "you've made me believe in fate" Lisa breathed out the words affecting her more than they should but Jennie had always had the same affect on her "Fate? What do you mean nini?"

Jennie smiled at her "I always thought it was bullshit because if it was real why didn't fate let my mom meet her soulmate?" Lisa nodded listening intently this was one of very few times Jennie was opening up about her parents she knew it hurt her nini more than anything her parent's divorce scarred her beyond belief "but I realised that fate doesn't necessarily mean everything will be good fate can be bad also fate is unpredictable lili" Lisa nodded squeezing Jennie's hand encouraging her to continue

"I mean you can't stop fate no matter what you know? It was destined for my parents to meet fall in love and have me but their divorce was also destined to happen fate can be cruel but to me it's the sweetest thing because fate is the reason I met you love" Lisa felt tears well up in her eyes "what do you mean?"

Jennie wrapped an arm around Lisa shielding her from the cold as they continued their walk knowing Lisa didn't even realise they had walked past their apartment already "every single choice I've made good or bad has led me to you seriously lili what are the odds that the street I usually walked down was closed that day? Crazy right?" Lisa hummed "probably a coincidence nini"

Jennie nodded "so I thought but Lili every surrounding street was either blocked or closed that day the only one open was the street we met on it's like the universe knew we needed each other because I was one more bad date away from turning into a full time nun" Lisa chuckled "nini you wouldn't last a day"

Jennie smiled chuckling with her "maybe I wouldn't but my point is the universe knew I was on the verge of giving up that day my mother was calling me spewing some shit about my father, my tinder date wouldn't leave me the hell alone, my boss was on my ass I was just done then there you were standing under a dim street light I was starstruck" Lisa blushed "you never even spoke to me"

Jennie shrugged "I was in awe of your beauty seeing you I had a feeling of nostalgia like somehow I knew you're my soulmate" Lisa paused staring at her affectionately "I honestly thought you hated me you'd glare at me" Jennie returned her affectionate gaze "I hated myself for being damaged Lili I didn't think you'd ever want that because when I heard you laugh for the first time I was adamant I'd marry you"