THE GENIUS 02

" The total will be 210 baht......Have a nice day ahead. " said Fourth. His second part time is at a 7/11 store, 30 minutes away from the café if travel by bus. This is the most tiring one out of both of the part times he do.

Because first of all the manager is a bitch, always screaming at one or the other employee here. Never shows up when a customer complaints about something and then they have to deal with those annoying customers themselves.

It was near 3 pm now. Fourth was sitting on the chair at the counter as no one was in the store at the movement. He was texting his friend Winny about the project they both are assigned to. They also have a bell attached to their main door, just like P' Mix's café does.

Winny : I'm so bored, where are you rn? Can i come over??

Fourth : Unfortunately I'm at the 7/11, doing my part time to earn some money for my living. Not like you lazy ass.

Winny : Aww mann. Is that witch yelling again?

Fourth : Nahh. She is not here today and I'm so much glad about it.

Winny : You should be. and OHHHHH-

before Fourth could read winny's next message the door bell made a sound, catching his attention. He quickly kept his phone away and stood up. A highschooler walked in and greeted him as he is one of the regular customer here. Stopping by everyday after school to grab one snack before going back home but Fourth didn't saw his friend he always come with today.

" oh nong First ..... how was school?? where is Khao? He is not with you today? " Fourth asked as he sat back on his chair. First came back to the counter with some snacks in his hand. putting them on the counter to get scanned as he shrugged with no expression on his face. " Don't know, don't care P' . We are not talking since last week, plus he is avoiding me if i ever try to start a conversation with him. "  He looked sad to be honest. Fourth wanted to ask why but they are not that close so he didn't wanted to butt in their personal matters.

" Ohh i see. you can talk to me if you ever need any help okay? " First nodded in response as he paid and went back on his way home. 

Fourth's shift was almost over. It was near 5:30pm, he was pretty exhausted. Preparing for his leave while he waited for the next employee to come. The bell again rang indicating someone's arrival.

" Welcome to our store Sir. " a guy, probably in his mid 20s walked in. Ignoring Fourth's existence he went towards the alcohol section, taking one large set of beer and one sparkling lemonade bottle as well. He came back towards the counter to place them on it and went back to bring some snack. Probably partying today.

" Is this all you want sir? " he asked and got replied with a single nod. Fourth was judging him hard. The attitude, he never liked these kind of people. " Can i see you ID sir. " Fourth asked making the taller one look at him with his one eyebrow lifted.

" Why do i look like an underaged person to you kid? " Fourth didn't expected him to get this upset for an ID. " no sir, but we always check the buyer's ID when they buy alcohol. It's compulsory for all. "

The customer groaned as rumbled through his pocket. He soon took out his wallet, and his ID from inside of it. " happy? " Fourth didn't responded back but just nodded and gave him the bill after scanning. " that's would be 350 baht sir. " 

Fourth was already 10 minutes late for his bus and on top of that this customer was making him loose his temper. The customer was so slow at taking out cash, mid way through the bell again chimed.

No, it was not the other employee that Fourth was expecting rather than they were some teenagers. Talking and laughing loudly as they made thier way to the alcohol section, taking two sets of small beer.

The previous customer was still on his call in the corner, probably from his office coz Fourth heard him call the person on the phone boss.

The teenagers soon came to the counter with the beers. " Can i have the ID of the one who is paying? " Gun asked. " What the fuck? What ID? Just bill it so we can go kid. " One of them said. They were tall tall for their age and must have misunderstood Fourth as a highschooler too. But Fourth knows they are near about in 10 or 11th grade as he has seen them on the street after the school hours and them in their uniform, going back home.

Fourth sighed in annoyance. " i don't have time for this. Just go home if you don't have your ID. Kids like you are not allowed to buy alcohol from this shop without ID. " Not expecting one of them to literally grab his collar as he finished talking.

" Are you trying to be smart here huh? Bill it for us before we beat the shit out of you. " before Fourth could respond back. The so guy who was holding his collar was dragged back, making him leave Fourth's shirt.

The previous customer was the one who did it. " Go home before i call the police child. I don't have time for this bull shit, i already had a bad day at my office. " He was near about 186 cm, a bit bluffed with sharp facial features. Tbh Fourth too got intimidated by him for a second when he said that.

" aren't you going back home? "

After those kids went back without the alcohol they wanted. The customer who helped Fourth took a seat on one of the tables near the window. Pop opened the beer can as he gulped it down. ' a very rough day ig ' Fourth mumbled under his breath as started closing the shop as the other employee who was supposed to take the next shift was not here.

" i don't want to but - ... " he stopped mid sentence and stood up. " nvm. "  made his way outside the store. Fourth too followed as he was done closing everything.

On his phone trying to call Winny so he can ask him to pick him up. The bus that Fourth always take is probably long gone. " Winnyyy pick up the phonee. " a bit stressed out on how he will go back home now.

" want a ride? " asked the customer. Yes, he was still there and Fourth didn't even know why. Fourth was skeptical at first coz he did chugged a can of beer in front of him. What if he is drunk? Plus taking a lift from a complete stranger is not what Fourth do very often. " I'm not drunk rn okay? I got a high alcohol tolerance for your information and I'm not a creep. Don't worry you will reach home safe. " 

[ Fourth ended up taking his offer. Hoping to reach home safely. ]

___________________________________________

THE GENIUS 02

Hii everyone! Thank you sm for joining in! This is the end of episode 2 , don't forget to follow @thaiblenthu for updates of the next episodes and the side track episodes as well!

So sorry for this long delay, I'm just busy with my life rn. Feel free to leave your thoughts in comments!! Any place i lack in and you want me to improve in, don't hesitate to tell me!!

Until then, see you with the next episode in few days 💞

[ @/thnwtlvrr on insta ]