🎀 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒 🎀

what in the world..? two adults, wearing neon colored aerobics clothing, on roller skates?

in los angeles?

Aria Parker stared in shock at the two, watching them roller skate through the LA park in broad daylight. it wasn't the strangest thing she had ever seen having lived in California her whole life, but it was definitely something.

she clutched her iced coffee and let out a small giggle at the 'real life Barbie's' as they skated past her.

just a normal day in LA, she thought. her phone began to buzz and Aria internally panicked as she found a place to set her coffee before picking up the phone.

"hello?"

"Aria!" she recognized the voice instantly. she glanced down at her phone, staring at the time.

she was late. of course she was, she had been too preoccupied by the neon skaters and forgot where she was on her way to.

"i'm so sorry." she grumbled. "i'll be there as soon as possible, i'm on my way."

"Miss Parker, this is unacceptable."

"i know, i know. i'm on my way as we speak." she grabbed her coffee, juggling it with her phone and bag as she started speed walking through the park.

her boss was the CEO of Mattel. yes, Mattel as in the company that makes Barbie dolls.

her job there wasn't huge, it was a small secretarial job which included her sitting at a small lonely desk and answering phone calls.

occasionally she'd get lucky and get to work upstairs with the packaging crew.

Aaron Dinkins wasn't one to be completely strict with Aria but after her being late for the second time that week, she figured he had every right to be upset with her.

she hurried into the building, dumping her now empty coffee cup into the trash and filed up the stairs to her office.

"it's about time you showed up, Aria." Aaron said, an unamused look on his face.

she gave him a glare as she dumped her bag onto her tiny cubicle desk.

"i told you i'm sorry. there was the weirdest thing in the park this morning."  she exclaimed.

he raised an eyebrow. "weird how?"

"oh, just LA people being LA people." she laughed. "i swear everyday you see something new, something you'd never expect to see."

Aaron let out a small hum before turning back to his cubicle.

Aria did the same. she got comfortable in her rolling desk chair and spun around to face her computer, smiling at her little knick knacks.

she had a fluffy pink pen on top of a pink 2023 planner, a sparkly picture frame with a photo of her pomeranian named Daisy, and a rose garland that went across her cubicle, she had added a small amount of bling to it, her own personal touch of Aria.

Aaron stuck his head up over his cubicle, knocking her out of her trance.

"oh and Aria," he began. "your outfit is just incredible today!" he gave a thumbs up, making Aria smile and nod her head.

"thanks!" she turned back to her desk, smiling to herself. she looked into her laptops black screen, glancing at her matching pink tweed tank and skirt set.

and with that, she pressed down the button on her laptop, breathing in a deep breath as her laptop screen lit up with the words;

welcome to Mattel.