🎀 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊 🎀

"you really didn't have to do all this." Aria said with a mouthful of her caesar salad.

Gloria shook her head. "it's nothing, honey." she gave the girl a soft smile. "you needed this."

"i really did." Aria laughed. Gloria payed the bill and the two girls got up, walking out of the restaurant. Aria took in a deep breath as the fresh warm air hit her skin.

she took her seat in the front passenger seat of Gloria's car, leaning her head back.

"hey," she turned her head to look at Gloria who was fastening her seat belt. she tilted her head. "how's Barbie?"

Gloria's expression softened. "she belongs here." she responded. "she's at her dermatologist appointment right now."

Aria let out a giggle. "dermatologist?"

"so she doesn't get cellulite!" Gloria laughed. Aria slapped her hand over her forehead, giggling louder this time.

"i'm glad she's happy here." Aria said, her smile dropping. Gloria took notice of her empty expression immediately.

"how about we go pick up Sasha from school and go take a walk in the park?" she suggested.

Aria nodded, "i'd love that."

she stepped out of the blue car, staring up at the middle school. she took in a deep breath before walking up next to Gloria.

"i'm going to go check out the library real quick." Aria mentioned as she headed towards the same doors she had walked through last time.

the halls that were once filled and crowded with students and teachers was empty and quiet. she walked by a couple classes that were in session and stopped as she reached the library doors.

she slowly opened them, peeking at the shelves and tables inside.

the familiar room only brought back the memories of her journey to BarbieLand.

it was in this exact room where everything started, where her life had changed.

she made her way to the comfy little couch she had lay on before, closing her eyes as her head hit the soft pillowy cushion.

after a moment of silence she was interrupted. "excuse me, miss?"

her eyes shot open as she pushed herself up quickly, coming face to face with the old man from the library check out desk.
"i'm afraid you can't be in here right now."

"oh," Aria got up, dusting off her white skirt. "i'm sorry." she gave an apologetic smile and walked out, leaning her back against the door as it shut.

why was she feeling this way? she chose to come back and even though it felt so right being back here, there was this part of her that felt as though she didn't belong there at all.

"Aria!" Sasha yelled as Aria came out through the exit doors. she put up her hand in a small wave and smiled.

"hey kid." she said as she approached the car, her arms out to give the young girl a hug.