8 - Don't tell me it's impossible

They took the elevator downstairs, the Hwang couple exchanging one last reassuring squeeze of their intertwined hands before they let go, forcing fake smiles onto their lips.

The Lee couple copied their actions, Minho teasing the younger with one last butt slap, making the five laugh as the elevator doors opened.

They looked at the lobby and Changbin, Chan and Jeongin who looked at them. The eight locked eyes, exchanging one last emotion of sorrow, before a middle aged woman came cheering around the Yang couple, "My son!", she exclaimed in a high pitched voice, opening her arms.

"My lovely son!", she came running towards the five, her husband following her with a wide smile. And before Hyunjin could do anything she had shoved Felix aside and was hugging him tightly.

Her embrace was strong, making it hard to breath for her son as he hesitantly hugged back. "Oh I missed you so much.", she fake cried, tightening her arms even more around the struggling younger.

"M-Mom I can't breath.", he chocked out, trying to catch some air. She exaggeratedly gasped, "Oh no! My poor son, come here!", she moved her hands onto his face, holding his cheeks.

"Ouch!", he whined as she held his skin a bit too harshly. "Oh I'm so sorry my love! I'm just so glad to see you again! We haven't seen each other in years.", she whined, pouting.

"Yeah.", he just replied, scratching his neck, because he wasn't glad at all to see this woman again. Her husband stood besides her, "Oh look at you, how much you've grown!", he proudly stated, slapping his son's shoulder.

The seven friends watched the scene unfold in front of their eyes, helpless and not knowing what to do as Hyunjin's discomfort was clearly visible.

The most affected was Felix, his heart was tight and his fists balled, he saw Hyunjin flinching at the touch of his dad.

"Oh my lovely son.", the woman exclaimed again, ruffling through the black hair of the younger. Only then she seemed to realize her surroundings, spotting the seven males around her watching her and her son.

Her smile faltered a bit, dropping completely as her eyes fell onto Felix. Hyunjin's heart sped up, not liking the way his mother eyed his husband at all. Her eyes had a glint of annoyance and disgust inside them.

"How I see are you still with that...", she spoke up again, her voice changing into a careful one, "blonde Aussie guy.", she forced a fake smile onto her lips, making sure it looked as unhappy as possible.

"Yes we're still together.", Felix stated, every percent of joy being gone from his pretty features as he stepped closer again, his eyes carefully scanning the married couple that had made them go through hell.

The woman chuckled hysterically, "That sounds so wrong!" "We're still friends mom, that's what he meant.", Hyunjin stated, being weirdly calm all of a sudden, as if the simple presence of Felix near him could ease his nerves.

"Oh how glad I am....", she spoke up, her voice losing all its cheer, "To hear that." Her eyes linked with the ones of her husband, the elder male being confused, so she shrugged whatever she had been thinking off.

"But now tell me, where's your girlfriend?", she asked curiously, her eyes glistening in excitement.

Hyunjin internally sighed, "Shouldn't we sit down somewhere first? We're still standing in the middle of the lobby. Have you been to your room already?"

"Oh! We actually haven't.", she only now seemed to realize, looking at her husband in shock. "We were so excited to see you again that we forgot.", she giggled, playfully slapping her forehead.