𝑐ℎ. 7

𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The car came to a stop at a light before Rodney turned back to me and handed me a silk scarf.

"Sosa said to have you wear this , Ms. Sevyn. I hope that's ok?" he said softly.

I took the scarf from him, eyeing it with question, before I shrugged and decided to tie it around my eyes.

My ears were alert now.

After 5 minutes we came to another stop and I heard the driver door open.

My door opened and I felt someone touch my shoulder to get my attention.

I took Rodney's hand and he alerted me of a curb to step onto.

"I'm sorry Ms. Sevyn, but he wants you to wear these too. Just hold on to me and I will guide your steps." Rodney instructed me.

𝘖𝘬?.... 𝘛𝘧... 𝘐𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘵? 𝘈 𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘯? 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯?

Rodney placed a pair of Air Pro Max headphones over my ears.

"Say It Again" by H.E.R. began to come through the headphones and I grinned from the song choice.

I felt Rodney step forward and I followed.

It felt like we walked an eternity until we stopped and Rodney let go of my arm.

He removed the head phones first and H.E.R was replaced by SWV singing one of their hits, "Rain".

But when he removes the scarf from my eyes, my breath was caught in my throat... and my stomach felt funny.

I was in a giant room in the shape of a dome, completely surrounded by schools of fish

Sting rays glided above me and sea turtles kicked through the water and my eyes just followed.

In the center of the room was a dining table set up for two.

Flames from the candles flickered and danced around the bubble. Settling a blue glow over the room.

I was speechless.

No words.

Rodney slowly guided me to my seat as I took everything in.

"𝘞𝘰𝘸𝘸𝘸𝘸𝘸" I said in a whisper.

Rodney chuckled and went to stand in the corner by the entrance.

Before I could even ask, Sosa step from around the corner, carrying a bouqet of daisies.

𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴?! I thought to myself.

I stood up to greet him and the atmosphere was ELECTRIC.

"These are for you beautiful" he said handing me the flowers.

"These are beautiful Sosa, seriously! Hell, ALL of this is beautiful! This is crazy!" I said with wet eyes.

"You a different breed jit. I'd be a fool to treat you average." He said with a smirk.

He took the bouqet and handed them behind me to Rodney before pulling me into a hug.

He snuggled into my neck as I wrapped my arms around his. He held me tight around my waist but I could tell he wanted to grab on more

"You look dumb beautiful Sev." he mumbled into me.

"Thank you" I replied, blushing.

"You ready for the first of many dates with ya boy?" He asked, reseating me into my chair.

I stared into his eyes trying to read him. They told me he was being sincere.

"Yeah... I think I am" I responded in sincerity.

--------------------------------------

𝒐𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 ?

𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆
𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕

𝑿𝑶𝑿𝑶,

𝓼𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓼𝓶𝓸𝓸𝓬𝓱 💋