𝒄𝒉. 9

𝐒𝐨𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I gave her the details on how I cooked our meal, and the entire time I talked, she looked at me in awe and admiration.

Like I was more than a fuck up.

And I ain't never had anyone do that before.

I've dealt with other girls, but you know, the lools were always lusty... greedy.

And I always gave them just that.

Fuck 'em, break 'em off a little, then spread.

"Well no wonder you were busy." She said, dabbing at her lips and finishing off her wine.

As if on cue, our waiter Milo stepped out to take our empty plates.

"Would you like some more wine?" I asked, motioning to the bottle.

"I would, actually" she said with a smile.

I poured both our glasses and watched her grab the glass around the neck once I finished.

"So tell me about you" I said.

She took a small sip then blushed.

"I am Sevyn Avaya Stephens. My family call me Scooter. I'm 24, a Virgo, born the 9/4, same day as Beyoncé. Imma perfectionist, but I love my music. It says the stuff I want to say, but don't know how to. I met Tooti in this pre-school my grandmother ran before she passed. So I've only ever rocked with her until middle school where I met my other friends. My grandparents raised me and Million. My mom's a junkie and I don't know who my Father is..." she trailed off at the end.

"Sorry for spilling so much... It's the wine." she said with a small laugh. Then looked up at me with those dreamy eyes again, only this time, pain was there.

"Well I'm Cortez Zakir Tucker. I'm 26, birthday is October 31st, and Imma what yall call it? Scorpion?" I said making a face.

"Scorpio." she chuckled

"Yeah that." I continued.

"I was raised by my mother and grandmother. My pops was murdered when I was 8 years old. After that that my mom moved us with my grandma, and they felt I should pick up a hobby. I played sports and things, but I got a kick out of watching those two cook every Sunday and holidays. So I picked it up and ran with it. I met your brother in his college days, but I wasn't actually going there or nothing. I just was the cook at the hang out spot they came to. Plus I served. They were new in the city and I was the plug, but they became my dawgs. They convinced me to enroll in they school's lil off campus Culinary program shit. I ain't have to go to school, but I could still get my certifications and shit. I was thinking long term like my people taught me so I went ahead. But then the hang out spot got kicked in the night we celebrated me graduating. They couldn't prove shit, but I still had to serve some time since I got caught with a eighth on me. I opted into doing 3 1/2 years jail time instead of doing 5 years probation. I got out to my mom and grandma saying they stay in Florida now, and they had flew up to get me on release day. Now here I am." I finished.

Then took a sip of my wine.

"Guess we both got some stories huh?" she asked.

"Yeah. But I'm living it though. That's why I don't let nobody try to write it for me. " I said matter of factly.

"Tuh! I know that's right." she said sipping her wine in agreement.

"HURRY UP AND FOLLOW ME WITH THAT GLAZE NIE!" said a voice from the back.

𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭....

I see Mimi bound the corner holding two pieces of lemon poundcake on glass plates, with the same brunette bumbling behind her, holding a measuring cup full of a translucent glaze.

"GIRL DON'T WAS- Uh oh! I'm sorry!" Mimi said, balling her mouth up .

She placed the plates in front of each of us, slipped one behind Sevyn to Rodney, then stepped back towards my side of the table.

She leaned down to my ear.

"𝘊𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘻 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺𝘺𝘺. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘺. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘯 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘵. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳?𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦? 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘰 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵-" Mimi whispered to me

I interupted her, "Mimi please chill" I stated looking up at her.

"Sevyn, this is Mamie Tucker. My grandma. Grandma this is my gorgeous date Sevyn Stephens." I said gesturing between them both as I introduced them.

"GRANDMA?!" Mimi said looking at me with one eyebrow raised.

"Nice to meet you baby, I am his 𝘔𝘐𝘔𝘐! I don't know why he tryna act all cute in front of you!" she said side-eyeing me.

Sevyn let out a chuckle and stood to shake Mimi's hand, but Mimi pulled her in for a hug, then paused and turned around and looked at the brunette.

"Lori,I-" Mimi let out a breath.

"You gone let the glaze get cold girl! Drizzle the cake! Why you standing there?! You good?!" Mimi fussed.

The girl hurriedly drizzle the cakes, almost flipping Sevyn's piece off the table.

Sevyn and I looked at each other and try to hide our laughs while we looked at my Mimi shake her head, with her hands on her hips.

"Help me Lord." Mimi said looking to the ceiling.

"Well it was nice meeting you baby. Imma see you Sunday at 6. We making a pot roast." Mimi said in a hurry, then cheek kissed her.

My mouth dropped.

𝘓𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘑𝘜𝘚𝘛 𝘮𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳.

She slapped my arm on the way and gave me a look.

"Don't have her out late" she mouthed to me.

"COME ON HERE GUH!" she yelled hitting the corner, and Lori scurried out behind her.

"That lady there" I said shaking my head.

"I like her!" said Sevyn with a smirk.

I watched her pick up a piece of cake with her fork and stuff it in her mouth.

"Mmmm" she moaned.

"I know dawg" I said taking a bite of my own.

"Best. First date. Ever." I heard her say more so to herself

I didn't even bother to look up... Cause I know her eyes would've gave me another reason to keep her there... And another reason to fall for her even more than I already was.

--------------------------------------

𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍, 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒅!

𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒐.

𝑺𝒐𝒔𝒂 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒇𝒖𝒍, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏.

𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒐𝒇 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒚𝒏 & 𝑺𝒐𝒔𝒂 𝒔𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒓?

𝑳𝒊𝒌𝒆
𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕

𝑿𝑶𝑿𝑶,

𝓼𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓼𝓶𝓸𝓸𝓬𝓱 💋