𝗰𝗵. 14

𝗦𝗲𝘃𝘆𝗻'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

As we dipped in and out of traffic, the bass to Sosa's Audi thumped, and I sat in the passenger seat with my rolling tray.

"All Love" by Lil Durk was playing and every so often I glanced over at Sosa to find him rapping along.

I smiled to myself as I licked the blunt closed, and took out my lighter to dry it.

I put the blunt next to the other 2 and turned the volume up.

I laid my seat back, and took a sip from my water, closing my eyes as the song shifted to 'Self Righteous' by Bryson Tiller.

As the lyrics came to my ears Sosa's voice carried and from what I could hear, he could actually carry a tune really well.

I joined him. Feeling the words a little harder than usual.

"You can light that if you want to" he said softly, making me open my eyes.

I smiled once again at how gentle he was being and sparked the wood. Taking three long inhales, I passed the blunt over to Sosa.

I exhaled as I continued singing,

"Do you minddd? Do you minddd if I... Come do the things that you likeee. What youuu likeee..."

He smirked, but carried the song. And before you knew it, we were singing just about everything that played together.

The car came to a stop and for once, I was aware of our surroundings.

People passed by, and others were returning to their cars with surfboards and tans.

We were at the beach, sun slowly creeping down in the sky. Leaving an orange glow layered over the scenery like everything was on fire.

I turned and looked at him with my mouth open.

Sosa laughed and got out to open my door.

I got my tote together, and stuffed the woods in the baggie with my shrooms while Sosa fiddled around with something in his trunk.

I heard it slam closed and I heard someone with slides step forward.

I looked up to see Sosa now in sweats, slides, and a tank top, leaning over me, with his two gold chains swinging above my head.

I swatted at them and he let out a chuckle.

"Don't worry you'll be like me soon" he said as he took my hand while I stepped out of the car.

"Man. I don't wanna be anyone but me, even on the days it's HARD to be me!" I said nodding in confidence.

"That's real now... You see any place you wanna sit?" He asked looking around?

We had walked a little distance and since everyone was packing up, there was a lot of spots to choose from.

I decided to pick an area that was tucked behind some rocks since we brought some goodies along.

I set my tote down against a boulder and turned around to see Sosa setting down a wide blanket, then hurrying back to go through a backpack.

He looked up and tossed me his phone.

I scrunched my face in confusion.

"Grab us something to snack on? I only have Apple Pay" he said with this mischievous look.

"Okay?... Are you picky?"

"Nah, I'm a REAL cook. I'm only picky if it tastes terrible." He says and we share a laugh.