𝒄𝒉. 8

𝐒𝐨𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Good evening Mr. Tucker and his beautiful guest, here is your wine for the night. Please let me know if it is to your liking." spoke a short slender man with a curly mustache like the Monopoly man.

The waiter placed the wine bottle — 𝘐 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 — into an ice bucket on a stand next to our table.

" This is a Sèmillon-Sauvignon Blanc blend. Perfect wine for the dinner we'll be having." I stated, popping the bottle so I could serve our drinks.

I looked up to see Sevyn staring at me like I had grown another head.

"What?"

"You know the name of what we're drinking?" she asked swirling her glass and taking a sip.

"Of course... I chose it." I replied sipping from my wine as well... watching for her reaction.

"I-...What type of hood nigga 𝘢𝘳𝘦 you?" she asked in disbelief.

"I believe I'm just like you shawt. Unorthodox. Unusual. Definitely not ya Average Joe." I said chuckling.

I noticed Rodney talking into his ear piece and he looked at me with a nod.

"I need to step into the kitchen for a second. You ready to eat?" I asked her.

I could nervous, but truth is, I am too.

"Yeah! I'm excited to see what more you come up with!" she said taking a look around the room again.

I grinned wide. Proud of my location choice.

"Great. Give me just a moment please?" I said stepping out from the table.

"Of course!" she said.

I stepped to the back, and through the double doors into the chaos.

"Everything is plated. We need a temp check on sauce now!" yelled a small brown woman in a white hat with a matching white coat.

As much as I tried to convince my grandma I had it, Mamie Tucker? Doesn't listen!

"How's everything going Mimi?" I said kissing her cheek.

"Shit boy! It's so much going on in here. You ready to top everything off? We need to start dessert." she stated with a tight lip.

"Yeah I'm ready. Let me wash up"

I stepped over to a rack grabbing an apron, throwing it over my acid washed True Religion jeans and my black G-man.

I put slip covers over my 5's.

𝘞𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘶𝘱!

I quickly washed my hands and stepped over to a pan that held the bright green sauce for my dish.

I grated lemon zest over it, sprinkled fresh cracked pepper, and cooking wine over the sauce making a flame cover the top.

I stirred and flipped the pan until the fresh fragrances permeated the air.

"HOT POT BEHIND YOU" I shouted. Akerting and prompting those around me to step aside as I carried the pan over.

I drizzled the sauce over the plated food and added my last garnishes.

I carefully wiped the plates clean and smiled down at my work.

"Oouu you did your shit boy. Now gone on out there to that girl! I got the rest!" Mimi said handing me a towel to dry my hands.

Grandmas are the best dawg.

"I 'preciate you Mimi for real." I said hugging her.

"Yeah yeah, now get out! It's finna get really bossy in here... Come on hea! Aye you! Come get this cake pan and butter it." Mimi said. Then she turned around, and began instructing a short-haired white woman with brunette hair.