Ups and Downs

Painful screams echoed in Winter's head as her eyes shook, looking at the man that had been burned alive. All she could see was red, the blood that leaked on the basement floor kept coming almost as it would become a flood with blood. Her hands shook in fear, looking at the miserable man that begged for mercy. Her eyes met with sharp ones and her fear instantly grew.

Winter woke up with a gasp, panting heavily and looked around. She looked at the bright light that shines through the curtains. Her head ached in pain, as she placed her hand on it slowly. Winter looked at the empty spot beside her on the bed. Most of the times Karina was up before her but she would always wait until Winter woken up.

Winter sighed from the terrifying dream that she had. Ever since that day she just couldn't make it erase from her mind. The screams were too painful to not hear, the way Karina effortlessly burned the man alive just made her heart drop.

Winter then scratched her neck softly and flinched in pain, "Argh.." she groaned as she saw the blood on her fingertips. Her eyes winded as she jumped out of bed to the bathroom.

Her gaze looked into the mirror to her neck. She gasped slightly with slight fear. Her neck had two medium sized circles in her neck. They were still bright red, her sleeping didn't help her that much. She immediately regretted scratching her neck.

"seriously, is that girl human..?" She muttered to herself as she washed the blood with cold water. She shivered slightly from the sudden cold. But she felt at peace since she didn't wake with Karina at her side. But Karina marked her for a memory of her when she can't be with Winter.

-

Winter dried her short hair off with her towel after she got out the shower. She already had put her clothes on so she headed downstairs to do whatever she felt like doing. She was more comfortable for some reason since the house was oddly quiet. Her walk down the stairs wasn't perfect but thankfully she did not fall.

Her eyes turned to the basement door to the distance. She had just shivered by the vision of the man screaming in pain as Karina burned his face. Though the man did seem oddly familiar but she didn't feel like she had any good memories with him.

She sighed as she went to the kitchen. She sat at the counter and opened her phone to twitter, she checked the trending news and choked when she saw one of them.

'Karina Yu is holding her girlfriend Minjeong Kim hostage?'

Winter's mouth slightly dropped as she looked at the hashtag is pure shock. She didn't know how to feel about the sudden news. Was she supposed to be happy or worried? Was she supposed to happy at the fact that people finally noticed her struggles or was she supposed to be worried for the person who said her real name in the tag?

On the other hand Karina was furious, "find that son of a bitch who started that tag. I'll make them suffer." Karina walked down the Yu's business hallway, her eyes lower than ever.

Her assistant nodded nervously, "Y-Yes, Miss.." she said as she followed behind Karina, tapping onto her ipad for research.

- back with Winter

Winter walked outside to see none guarding the gates. She thought that people were watching from afar but her thoughts cleared after she let a foot on the opposite side of the open gate. The siren would've went off but it didn't.

Winter immediately ran back into the house and grabbed her phone to call Yizhuo.

"YIZHUO GUESS WHAT?" Winter yelled over the phone immediately when the younger picked up. Winter could hear a sleepy groan over phone, "what Winter, it's 9 in the morning." The girl said over the phone.