Untrustworthy

Karina tried to pull Winter close to her as the younger paced around the room.

"Minjeong, please. Hear me out." Karina begged, pulling Winter in by the waist to press her closer.

"How can I hear you out?! You killed my fucking brother!" Winter shouted, trying to escape the older's strong grip on her. Karina sighed deeply before tightening her grip on the younger's waist.

"Please, listen." Karina said softly, brushing her lips against Winter's ears softly.

The shorter sighed softly, closing her eyes slowly. She didn't want to listen to the person who killed her brother, she never even knew she had one. She had just found out that she had a brother and all of a sudden he's killed by her ex girlfriend? Winter didn't really break up with Karina but she considered them as exes ever since she had left to start her new life

"How many things are you hiding from me?? Did you know I had a brother?!" Winter shouted again, hitting her small hands onto Karina's chest, her punches didn't do any damage to the older though, she just let Winter take all her anger out on her.

Karina nodded as she sighed. "Yes.. But I told him to stay away from you. I didn't want you to get hurt.." Winter pulled away from her touch, backing up against the wall as she covered her face with her hands. Her heads were full of questions. 'Why would her own brother want to hurt her' was the main question in her mind and it kept repeating.

"Minjeong.." Karina spoke softly, her voice sounded sweeter than usual, it wasn't like the demanding and stern voice she had earlier. The older walked towards her, then wrapping her arms around her waist slowly, pressing herself against her gently.

"Why would my brother want to hurt me?" Winter's voice was shaky, lowering her head while her back faced Karina. "What made him stab me..? Did you.." She stopped herself before continuing, biting onto her lip that trembled from her stress.

Karina became curious why she had stopped her words, slightly pressing against Winter's body harder. "Did I what, baby?" She spoke softly, watching Winter's expressions from the side of her face.

"Did you.." she gulped nervously before she continued, "Kill my father..?" She spoke quietly, while she eyed Karina.

The older's eyes widened slightly, the room suddenly becoming quiet. Just from the silence Winter already knew the answer. She tried to break free from Karina's grasp but Karina held onto her firmly, keeping her in place.

"I didn't, baby.." she whispered, causing the younger to stop squirming. Winter didn't know whether to believe Karina or not. She didn't know if Karina became a really good liar the past 9 months she had been in Sydney.

"Can we talk about this later? I missed you so much, Minjeong.." Karina whispered softly, trying to change the subject to distract Winter. The younger didn't even want to be here, she didn't even know how she had got back in China.

The older then pulled Winter into a gentle kiss, she kissed her deeply while she held onto the younger's small waist.
Karina pulled away from the kiss after a few minutes, Winter's breathing  slowly becoming unstable.

"Karina... I want to know what happened to my parents.." she mumbled, looking up at the older who wasn't happy about Winter's words. She sighed heavily against Winter's neck.

"Minjeong, you know not to ask about these things." Karina spoke sternly but still a bit of softness in her voice. She wanted Winter to gain trust in her again or possibly even love her again.

"But why can't I? They are my parents, I deserve to know!" Winter raised her voice rather slightly but it wasn't loud enough for anyone else to hear it.

The older closed her eyes slowly, her arms still being wrapped around the younger's waist. "Because of business you aren't supposed to know." Karina said easily, causing Winter to loose her patience even more.

"I don't give a damn about business. I need to know about my parents to make sure they are okay, why can't you just tell me about them??"

Karina clenched her jaw, opening her eyes slowly before staring deeply into Winter's eyes. "They are dead."
Winter's eyes trembled, looking at Karina with pure confusion. Was her parents really dead or was this some sort of joke? Was this whole thing a joke? Was she still dreaming, surely Karina's words aren't true..?

Karina sighed and hugged Winter softly, knowing she was about to cry.

"Why, why??" Her voice broke, the tears forming into her eyelids as she hit her weak hand onto Karina's chest, sobbing against her shoulder hardly.

"You're b-barely giving me information!" Winter's voice trembled as the tears began to fill up her throat, causing her to choke lightly.

Karina rubbed the younger's head gently, letting her just blurt out words while she stayed silent. She knew that Winter didn't want her to speak despite her words that she blurted out. Karina's heart broke slightly just by seeing Winter cry. She felt like all she had seen Winter do was cry, even before Winter ran away.

Eventually Winter fell asleep on Karina's shoulder from exhaustion from crying too much.
Karina then sighed softly, looking at the stained tears on the younger's cheek.

"I'm doing this to keep you safe, Minjeong.." She said quietly before pecking her lips gently and put the younger in the bed softly.

//

"Minjeong!" Karina called her over, signaling her hand to come to the counter where a laptop sat in front of her.

"Yes?" Winter said cheerfully, jogging beside Karina before looking at the laptop screen.

She gasped loudly, "Mom, dad!" She yelled slightly while she turned her complete focus to the screen.

"Hi sweetie." The parents said at the same time, earning a small giggle from their daughter.

"Hi mom and dad!! When are you guys coming back?" Winter had asked immediately, earning a small glare from Karina who was beside her but not in the camera on the laptop.
Winter would always zoom call her parents whenever they had the time but it wasn't really often when they called but they tried their best.

The parents both looked at each other with small smiles before turning their heads back to the camera.

"Next week, sweetie." Winter's mom said softly. Winter's eyes grew wide, jumping around in excitement. She was fourteen at the time but she still loved her parents dearly. But of course she'd be excited, she hasn't seen her parents in real life for two years.

"Does that mean we can live together again?" She asked, leaning her stomach against the counter gently. Karina sighed heavily, earning a small look from the younger but she chose to ignore it.

"Of course, baby" Her dad responded sweetly, with a wide smile on his and his wife's face.

Karina then walked in the frame with low eyes, "But Baekhyun and Taeyeon. May I speak with you privately?" Karina asked before looking at Winter to leave the kitchen for a minute. Winter tilted her head in confusion, slightly hesitant to leave the room. But she obeyed and backed out of the frame to the next room.

That was the last call from Winter's parents but of course Winter wanted to call them instead but Karina wouldn't allow it for some reason. She thought it was weird but she let it go just because she knew that Karina would never hide anything from her.

//

But what if the young Winter  was wrong? Was Karina really trustable?

What if Karina is hiding something from Winter? What if she is hiding multiple things but she is choosing to not tell Winter. But she'll have to tell eventually..

Winter isn't the same Winter from 9 months ago.. Karina cannot hide the secrets she had been keeping from clueless Winter anymore.

There is a slight chance that Winter's parents still might be alive. Winter wasn't going to accept that her parents were dead until she had found real evidence. Winter isn't going to let Karina take over her life anymore

——————-

AUTHORS NOTE: Thank you for reading this chapter, please look forward to the next one ! ^^