Chapter 8

" 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖇𝖚𝖒𝖕𝖘 "

[ Your Point of View ]

Class has been dismissed for the day. I did not pass out and missed the lessons. This day is unpredictable. First, I was early to school, and then the masked student walked outside the room. Every time I think about the student, snow always happens in my throat. Whether it be the presence of the woman in my mind, or that there is something else I need to know.

Either way, I won't let curiosity get the best of me. I have already seen many horror movies to know where this feeling will lead me. I'm not the main character of a movie, or a drama, to make myself suffer with the curiosity in me. I mean, it's not like I will make others know that I'm there for them even though we've only met for one second.

While gliding a deck of card above the checker, a winter breeze passed by me. The feeling of my arm being rough without being touched was rising, same as the hair around it. In this spacious store, it's not unusual to feel cold, since the air conditioners around the store is all over its walls.

Sweat began pooling around my palms, almost dropping a small box when the tape around it glided through my hands. ' No, this is not the same. Something is weird. ' This exact moment is not the same as the others where I never sweat inside a frozen room.

Today is different. Beats of my heart palpitated in a sickening pace. An unknown tug forced me to look up from the product in my hands, and so I did.

In front of me, laid two shadows on the counter. Feminine waist of two women in black checkered skirt welcomed my raising sight. Up to the waist, continuing to the lady chest of them. A ball of imaginary rock was stuck in my throat, creating a lump to stop my saliva from going down my tongue.

The two women wore an all-too familiar crimson blazer, with a white blouse underneath. The one in front of me has her arms crossed below her chest, plumping her two clothed lady bits out. The other was behind her, decorated flower blossom nails were tapping on the steel counter.

When the bigger woman removed her hold to herself, I instinctively looked back down the product in my hand, the last one to be put inside the brown paper bag placed on my left. In synchrony with my actions, perfectly manicured fingers crawled to my vision, leaving a pack of light green papers beside my hand that's on the counter.

No time was wasted by them to stop by. The two women walked out of the store with the paper bags full of products, not bothering to give a reaction to the bulked cash placed on me. My eyes immediately turned to look at the cash register. There it was, the amount of money needed to pay for the things they bought.

' 6,999 Yen '

A pheasant bird on every back of the rectangular papers piled on-top of my counter, and a 10,000 on every front with a face of a long beard man. There are too many of the paper bills just chilling in front of me. My mind slowly processing what just happened, and how the two women had the confidence to place down tons of 10 thousand yen bills on a cashier.

Faint scent of dried grapes followed the trail of the two women, sense of my smell made the perfume distinct from others I have known. Every bone of my facial structure felt thick, as if blood leaked from my inner flesh and caused chaos inside me.

[ TIMESKIP ]

The light in my bedroom went on after switching the button beside the door. My limping body walked towards the tall standing mirror in front of my bed. Regret and conscience wounded my face with pain, same as my brain.

' Why didn't you bring the money back to her?! What if she was mistaken? ' I remembered the woman with blossom nails laughing after placing down the stack of cash on my counter. She could be pitying me, and that was her only way of bringing sympathy for me.

But there are other reasons for her to do that. None of these make sense to me. It's that, I could be overthinking myself to the point where I become extremely cautious about the smallest threats.

There is no way that those women are threats, after the money incident, at least. ' A threat... ' My eyes widened in faulty realization after a thought. Speaking of, they could be posing as a threat to make me ignore a certain person.

I have watched dramas from my country, and most of them always has this kind of plotting. A setting where the antagonist causes agony to the protagonist. They are both fighting for one person. In dramas and fictional features, these events are considered normal.

But in real life, it's a completely different scenario. This time and the situation I found myself snooping on, are one of the weirdest and creepiest moments I have ever been into after arriving at Japan. There is just too much information for me to reveal in a single seating. And what's worse, is that most of these information consist of Hyakkaou.

There is a huge possibility that earlier students have experienced these already. Surely, it's not only me that feels the hell's heat radiating from the school's grounds. Even just at the sight of it, comes off an elegant aura. With golden traces around its gate and walls, beautiful nature surrounding inside.

Horror coats my brain, and eyes. This time, not by the effect of my thoughts. When I looked at the sticking out side behind me from the mirror, then came the reflection of a hanging full Hyakkaou uniform on the ceiling, no skin underneath, no flesh, no body.

In one stumbling motion, I turned around. There it was, just my uniform staring right back at me. The feeling of nausea still shook my body in fear. I was never one to take non-alive creatures easily.

And then, another thought about Hyakkaou encountered my mind. My entire being shutting down its own system that made me feel numb, feeling my body grow thick skin and my head looking like going full 360...

.

.

.

.

.

What if there was someone that took their own lifespan to an end, all because of the school?

////

a/n: JINX I was not paying attention to the chapters that I published chap. 7 and this one without font edits

LUV KINGSHIRAZU