Chapter 9

" 𝖙𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖏𝖔𝖞 "

[ Your Point of View ]

Fourth day of school passed real quick. My luck has gone down, in my opinion. Although I still can't eat lunch because of how ginormous the campus is. But I'm still happy that nothing special happened.

One day left before I can finally take my real break from school. One day is all it takes to break free from this hell. For a short period of the week, at least.

Walking back home after my shift, it was already night, as usual. Sounds of my shoes knocked on the ground while walking up the stairs. My bag almost falling off my back same as my shoulders that's holding it in place.

Today was slightly busy. There was too many shoppers almost emptying the store. Thankfully, no rude people entered and caused difficulties. My eyes feels like getting out of my sockets and sleep on my bed after being open for the entire day.

I turned the knob of my front door, gliding it open to enter before clicking the button to lock it after being closed. My bag flew to the living room while I walked to the kitchen. Inside the small fridge beside the sink, there was two cup of ramen noodles, big ones.

I took the one near me before closing the fridge's door. I placed down the cup on the counter facing the living room. There's a kettle laying beside the sink, so I took it and filled it with water.

I twisted the switch of the stove before placing the full kettle down on it. A ringing alarm went off, as a signal of my phone having a notification. I went to the other counter and took my phone, sliding the green button.

" Y/N? Are you still awake? " A feminine voice questioned from the other line. Worried-filled whisper of a woman. The moment I realized who called me, indefinite rise of joy overcame my feelings.

" Of course, mama. I wouldn't be answering right now if I was asleep! " Unplanned exclaim from me shocked even myself. Overwhelming happiness made me feel content just from the sense of her voice.

" Calm down, Y/N. I was just asking about you. " Corners of my lips threatened to lift upwards, without me forcing it back down. I knew she won't see me smiling, happy, and joyful after hearing her appearance, but I just couldn't bring myself to control my emotions as of right now.

" About me? " A hum was heard from the other line while I walked back to the stove, leaning downward a little to hear if the kettle is already screaming. Hearing no obvious screech, I moved away and back to the counter. " What about me? "

" Oh you know. Just the unusual. Like bullying, feelings, significant other, loooove? " I chuckled after she said the last word with a teasing tone. But she also asked about the unusual happenings. Maybe.... ' No, you shouldn't. '

If I were to tell her about the uniqueness of Hyakkaou, then there's a possibility that she will be sad. She will be disappointed that I did not last long inside the school. That I'm not strong enough to counter the gambling fishes of the campus. They chose this for me, for my future. I could not ruin this opportunity.

" What happened? Were you thinking about them just now? " Another teasing tone by the end of her question. Her voice brought me out of overthinking, bringing me back to reality and talk back.

" Huh? Them? " Them, is a term for non-binary people. The word coming from strangers is completely normal, since humans have different kinds of communication. But hearing the word come from my mother, makes me feel uneasy. It was as if she found something about me that she shouldn't, a secret.

" All I want to say is that... I support your decisions. Choose your own path, and let me follow. Your father and I will always be by your side. "

My head was tilted to the side in the slightest. I contemplated, debates meaningful than elections were rumbling inside me. Arguments broke hell, piles of thoughts were raining around me. My lips broke apart, creating a gap the made my teeth shine.

" Before I go, tell me, is there anyone bullying you? " Sometimes, I dearly wonder about how my parents' brain work. For one moment, they ask about explicit topics nonchalantly, and then next second, they talk like no revelation was shown to them or the others.

" No mama. " A whisper of faint breathing talked back. Gratitude to myself was received after my voice did not came out as shook.

" Thank goodness! I will leave now, don't forget to brush your teeth before sleeping! " The call ended, followed by a squeak from the kettle that's still above the flames of my stove. My response was not submitted to the other line.

" You too.. " Visible short term of happiness washed out from me after realizing I was no longer talking to anyone. Pure content went far, up to a mountain I could not reach.

" M... " My mouth could not bring itself to lift up and reveal a smile. Words were taken back, pulled down to an abyss not anywhere near its peak. For some reason, embarrassment fills me every time I try and call my parents' names all to myself.

Another squeak was heard coming from the boiling kettle. Light gray smoke floated around the stove. Heat started swarming out of the boiling water, into the kitchen and above. I walked away from the counter to move the kettle, bringing it to my cup of ramen.

Purified transparent liquid poured into the cup, the same steam was radiated from the kettle's head. The emptied kettle was placed down the sink, turning the tap of it to let the cold water cool down the heating solid.

I returned back to the counter. The cup has the noodles and spices floating on warm water. I grabbed the fork beside it before taking the a considerable amount of dangling noodles. The forkful of noodles were placed in front of my mouth, deserving to be eaten and so I did.

As I slurped down the noodles, my eyes craved the phone's attention. I looked at it, realizing it was placed as a mirror to my front. Fall of salty water dropped from my eyes, down my cheeks, to the counter. Dripping of tears drenched my ears with the sound of rain.

My arm that was not holding the fork supported my head from falling down the counter. Voice of sadness kept escaping my throat. More bitter droplets became steaming water that burned my cheeks and eyes. Heat was evident from the fall of every liquid coming from my sockets. Wave after wave, a tsunami was heading from my head down to the counter, staining the metal with a warm substance.

.

.

.

.

.

" M-mama... "

////

a/n: " Y/N? Are you still awake? " (overwhelmingly new changes can cause slight trauma and result to what happened at the end of this chapter, if anyone's wondering)

LUV KINGSHIRAZU