24. Announcement

"Maan , I am pregnant."

There was complete silence after she uttered those words. Abhimanyu stood frozen in his place.

"W..h..at ?" He stammered.

"Haan , I know it's too early. If you don't want it we can abort-"

"Shut up !! Kehne se pehle kuch toh socho. It's our baby. Tum aise abortion ki baat keh bhi kaise sakti ho ? And it's not too early. I know humne plan nahi kiya tha but abortion? It's not even the option. I love you Jaan and I will love the baby too. Don't think otherwise."

She bursted into tears hearing him. He held her close to his heart and cried. She stopped some time later sniffing her nose and rubbing it.

"So cute. Mera pyaara baccha. I love you Jaan so so much. Please kabhi aise baatein mat karo. It hurts here." He said pointing to his heart.

"Sorry maan , let's go and meet the gynaecologist Dr. Sneha." Abhimanyu nodded and they left towards Dr. Sneha's cabin after thanking the other doctor.

"Can we come in ?" Abhimanyu asked knocking on the door.

"Come in." He heard a soft woice speak. They entered and greeting the doctor they sat down.

"So mr and mrs. Birla ?"

"Yes."

"Dr.riya told me about your case. We can have a normal checkup and see how long you are ?" Akshara nodded but looked at abhimanyu.

Sneha saw her looking at abhimanyu and smiled.

"You can join too mr.birla. I guess mrs.birla will be more comfortable." Abhimanyu nodded and they followed her.

Akshara layed down on the bed and abhimanyu hiked up her top a little exposing her lower abdomen.

"So , I will just apply this gel. It will feel cold."

"Woh kuch hoga toh nahi na ?"

"No mr. Birla. It's just a gel." He nodded.

Dr. Sneha took transducer and moved it along akshara's belly. Abhira concentrate on the screen and see a small black dot.

"Congratulations Mr and Mrs. Birla you are 6 weeks long. I am surprised how you saw the symptoms so late "

"Is it something to be worried about ? Akshu and baby both are fine na ?"

"Yes mr. Birla they both are fine. I suggest you take extra care of her since it's just the first trimester."

"Dr. What about her diet ? And excercise ?"

"Well let's move to the cabin. I will print this pic for you if you want ?"

"Offcourse Dr."

"You can call me sneha , mr and mrs. Birla drop the formalities."

"Phir aap bhi hume naam se bulaye." Akshara said smiling sweetly.

"Thik hai chaliye. I will tell you the do's and don'ts for this trimester."

"Sure."

They settle in sneha's cabin. She tells them everything that's need to be done. What all good she can have ? The do's and don'ts. Some light excercise and yoga.

"Mein icecream bhi nahi kha sakti ?" Akshara chirped in.

"Once a month , it's fine." She pouted looking at the doctor.