Chapter Nine

Just run Stace, run and don't look back. I watched the path ahead as I ran for my life. I panted and breathed heavily. My heart was aching, my chest was on fire and my legs were on the verge of collapsing, but for the life of me I wouldn't stop, I couldn't.

Keep running Stace, don't stop now.

You can't stop,

You mustn’t.

I swiftly turned the corner and kept running for my life. I dodged a couple of passer-by’s and continued. The flashbacks kept playing back in my head. Him lying there in a massive pool of blood, the knife sticking out of his chest as the thick red blood continued to ooze out of his stiff lifeless body... his shocked expression as he slowly dropped to the floor. I just couldn't get it out of my head, no matter how hard I tried, it wasn't possible.

Just don't think about it Stace,

Keep running.

Eventually I got to Rochelle's house and frantically banged on the door.

"Chelle! Open up, please!!" Despite the fact it was coming up to 8:00pm and she was probably busy, I couldn't care less. I needed to be hidden, as soon as possible. I could already hear an ambulance in the distance. I gulped and banged on the door even louder with my fist.

"ROCHELLE!" I called again; I quickly rang the doorbell multiple times in the hopes that she would just open the door.

The door swung open, Chelle was stood there panting with her dressing-gown on.

"Stace?" She asked. I quickly entered the house and closed the door. I leaned against it and shivered. I was so afraid at the thought of being caught; I just couldn't face the fact of what I had done. Rochelle stood in front of me and firmly held my shoulders.

"What's wrong, what happened?" She asked quietly.

"I... I done a bad thing.. I can't face them," I answered shakily.

"Who Stace?"

"I.. I cant."

"Who was it?" Chelle's boyfriend Luke was heard at the top of the stairs, he descended slowly with nothing on but a cream towel wrapped tightly around his waist. Now I know why Chelle took so long to answer the door.

"Is everything alright?" He asked.

"Clearly not, she's traumatised," Chelle said.

"I didn't mean to disturb you.. I just had to get away," I whispered.

"It's okay, come." Chelle guided me to the living-room and sat me down on the sofa. I sat there silently, looking down at my feet and breathing deeply. The same thoughts and images continued to run through my mind in a loop. I still found it hard to believe what I done, since as long as I could remember David's been on my case, and it was finally that time that I ended it... I just didn’t expect it to be this way. I sighed.

"Stace look at me," I slowly shifted my eyes upwards till I was peering right at Rochelle. She gave me a worried look, "what's wrong?" I shook my head.

"I done a bad thing Chelle. A really bad thing." She cocked an eyebrow upwards.

"What did you do?" My chest began to ache and my heart rate quickened. Chelle was the only person I could tell anything to and not feel any regrets, but this one thing I was doubtful to tell, she didn't even know about the rape, so to tell her what I had just done would be hard for her to understand.

I'm gonna have to come out with it.

"I... hurt David." I said slowly. Her expresssion deepened, the creases in her face proved how baffled she was.