Chapter Six

It was a normal day. I still couldn't believe what that tosser had done to me. When mum asked why my wrist was so red I had to lie and say I twisted it by accident at Sarah's house, cos David was there, watching me closely. I had already taken the morning after pill to stay safe, for the thousandth time. As usual I was at work covering my face with the plastic smile I had mastered over the years. I had to stack and it was killing my wrist. It was still quite limp but I didn't want to bandage it or anything, it would draw attention and way too many qustions, especially from school. I sighed and arranged the trainers in the right order. I got bored of doing that, plus Nathan was being abit off with me all because I missed his call. I didn't know what to do, he just wouldn't talk to me, or even look at me for that matter. I felt like a right bitch. Especially with his family issues, he must hate me now. I looked over at the counter, Rebecca served another purchaser, as they walked off she screwed their back and rubbed her face. She looked awfully stressed. She then banged her head against the counter like she always did. Poor thing. I went over to her.

"Hey, Becc's!" She looked up at me and blinked.

"Hi." She mumbled. I raised an eyebrow. This really wasn't like her at all.

"What's up?"

"Nothing. Just can't wait to go home. I'm so tired." I nodded slowly.

"I see..." I hopped on the counter and faced her. I wanted to know the real deal, what was bothering her and everything. After all, I have all these issues and no-one knows, probably wouldn't care either. I wanted to help people out with their problems, give a little back to people, so they don't end up with a split personality, just like me. There was something wrong with her, I felt the need to know. "What's wrong?" She gave me a blank look.

"What do you mean?"

"I can tell when you're pissed off about something. What is it?" She scratched her head.

"Nothing, honestly I'm fine. Just wish I could stack today, but BB said I had to do this shit." She tutted. I laughed.

"BB?"

"Bald Bastard." I laughed and nodded. Very clever, why didn't I think of that?

"Riiiight." I realised she had been drawing on her hand, like I used to do in year 6, but I stopped that once I heard of ink poisoning, I didn't wanna risk anything. She was really good at designs though, I can see it on her hand. She drew a nice K in coercive. Then an A, then a Y... I raised an eyebrow. She looked so focused as she sketched the D... what was she doing? I watched in awe as she finally drew then E, then the N with a little curl at the tip, not only that, but a love heart too. What the bloody 'ell?

K A Y D E N <3

I gasped and she peered at me. I don't think she realised what she had just done.

"What?" She asked.

"Do you realise what you're drawing?"

"Yeah... letters, duh." She laughed. She really didn't get it. I clicked my fingers in her face and she blinked.

"Rebecca, your mind must be absent." I said getting worried. She gave me an odd look.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"LOOK!" I grabbed her hand and shoved it right infront of her face. Her eye's widened, I think she finally saw the light.

She screamed, like really loudly, all the attention was on her. She began rubbing her hand frantically to try and get rid of it, but it was too late. It was there to stay. I was laughing so hard I could have pee'd my pants, good thing I didn't, but her facial expression was well hilarious! She kept trying but failing, it was bloody funny I tell ya. I finally stopped laughing and gave a deep sigh.