Chapter Ten

A few days had passed. So much has changed in the past 48 hours since I had been away from home. Rochelle was still being as supportive as ever. I owed her so much, I didn't know what I'd do without her. I still couldn't help but worry about the consequences, I guess I'd just have to sit back and wait for anything life was willing to throw at me. Mum's been calling my phone every hour; and I still haven't spoken to her. Every time her name flashed up on the screen I'd just stare at it and wait for her to stop ringing. It was unbearable to do so, and it hurt me so bad knowing the pain mum was going through. I should be there to comfort her, not avoid her. But I just didn't want to be blamed or caught for what I had done.

It was a Friday and nothing was on TV. Chelle and I both sat in her living room finding a channel to watch as her mum read the Newspaper. Chelle twirled her spoon around playing with the strawberry ice-cream in her bowl. She looked at me.

"You sure you don't want any?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I'm okay." She sighed.

"You haven't eaten properly in two days, you must be hungry." I shrugged. I wasn't really bothered to be honest.

"I'm fine," I muttered. She nodded and ate a spoonful then changed it to sky movies. I sat there quietly, troubled by my own thoughts. I tried my best to occupy myself so I wouldn't feel depressed, but nothing was working. Rochelle always did try her best to cheer me up - but literally nothing was working. After a few hours we decided to head upstairs to lie down. The house was quiet since Chelle's mum had gone out for a drink with her mates. I lay on the pull out bed, fiddling with the patterned duvet and staring up at the ceiling. Rochelle stood in front of her mirror, brushing her hair back and tying it up in a messy bun. She then clambered into her bed and sat cross-legged, facing me.

"If you wanna talk I'm here Stace," she said quietly. I looked at her briefly before turning back to the ceiling.

"I'm okay," I said. She sighed and scratched her head.

"Suit yourself." She said. She switched off the light and lay down. Darkness surrounded us and I had nothing else to do but stare at the ceiling.

"Have you spoken to your mum yet?" She asked.

"No,"

"Are you planning to?" I sighed.

"I dunna."
"You can't keep her worried for this long, she may have already reported you missing to the police. You don't want that." I gulped.

"Of course I don't."

"Then talk to her Stace, at least let her know that you're alright." I nodded in the darkness.

"I'll consider it." I said.

"Good," It was silent for a few minutes, I turned on my side and stared at the wall, "I miss Luke," she said quietly. I looked at her; I could just about see the outline of her face in the pitch black.

"Why don't you see him?" I asked

"I was going to... but I couldn't leave you here alone... never." I chuckled.

"Forget about me."

"Don't be stupid." I sighed.

"Chelle you should see him."

"And you should see Javon," I froze completely, "what, you think I didn't know? I'm not stupid Stace, I knew there was no guy called Mike. You can't fool me. I'm your best mate." She grinned. My heart thumped and my chest tightened. I was convinced no-one knew about me and him, other than Chloe.

"You sly minx," I whispered. She laughed.

"It was kinda obvious."

"Mm well, I haven't seen him in ages."