A Second Phase?

Ronnie's POV

Everyone strolled back inside the compound. Ronnie needed sleep and everyone else wanted to come up with a plan to get Aria back. Tony was more preoccupied with trying to also find out where our informant went so he could most likely kill him. As the front door shut, everyone's phone went off.

"Who still uses video messaging?" Steve said, opening his phone.

"Hello Avengers. My name is Justin Sloan, I work with hydra. See a couple of years ago, I was dating this gorgeous girl, she was my whole world and I cared about her so much. Her nickname was sunflower because that was her favorite flower, she always wore something that incorporated sunflowers. Well, she broke up with me because I sold her to Hydra, she was supposed to be experimented on, made into a stronger person. More powerful than anyone in the company, but then she got away. But now, I have my sunflower back. Do you want to see her?"

The video was then cut from the man's face and it cut to another man's face. He said that his name was Bucky and that he went by Winter Soldier. After he was done talking, it turned into an hour-long video of Aria being relentlessly beaten. Steve's face went white at the introduction. He couldn't believe it, there was no way he was alive. It wasn't possible, he would have had to have gone through the same thing he did, but that couldn't be, he was the only one who was in that program.

Ronnie looked down at her phone, tears welling in her eyes. This was her fault; she failed her friend. She looked up at the others to see what they were doing and smiled when they saw how distracted they were by the video. She slowly started walking backwards to the door and slid out it. She took off full sprint, now energized by the video. She knew in the back of her head that she should tell the others where she was going, but she knew that they would only try and stop her. Ronnie had to get her friend back, even if it killed her.

"Steve, why are you so pale?" Wanda asked.

Steve looked up; the whole group was staring at him. He had never told anyone about Bucky, now he had to. Everyone needed to be filled in, they had to know who he was and how Steve knew him. It would end up being vital to them getting Aria back in one piece.

"I know him. I don't know how he is alive, but he was with me before I got frozen in the lake. He was my best friend back before the war, we did everything together."

Tony looked like he was livid. His daughter was locked up somewhere getting beat on and he couldn't do anything about it right now. He threw his phone against the wall, shattering it. He hadn't felt this angry since his house was bombed with him and Pepper in it. He felt helpless and hopeless, but he couldn't let that show. Not with the team watching him.

"Don't worry, we are going to get her back." Natasha said.

Wanda went up and put her hand on Tony's shoulder, trying to calm him down. Steve turned and looked at Tony, slowly walking towards him as if in a trance. Steve felt his hand raising and blinked as his hand made connection with Tony's face. Tony stumbled back and looked at Steve, his eyes now red with anger. He ran at Steve making easy connection with his fist. The brawl had begun between the two of them and Wanda had to summersault away to avoid being hit. Natasha tried to step in between the two and break them apart, but it was like stepping between to bears fighting over a cub.

Ronnie rounded the corner two streets down from the compound. She smiled, she thought she had successfully gotten away from the group. A Hydra agent came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her, putting a washcloth or her mouth. They had followed her back to the compound and had waited for her to come out. Even though they had let her go, she was still a part of the plan. She had gotten close enough to relay the video, now it was her turn to come back so they could activate phase two of the plan.

Ronnie reacted instantly, digging her nails into the arms of her captor. Her eyes grew wild once she finally realized what was going on. She was being taken, and since no one inside knew she had left, they wouldn't know what happened to her. She had stupidly fallen into Hydra's plan again, and she couldn't do anything. The world had started to dim and turn black.

"Now it's your turn to play your part." her captor said, dragging her to the car.

The agent threw her unconscious body into the car and covered her with a blanket. As he ran around to the driver side door, he pulled his phone out of his pocket. Phase two could be started now, he had the last part of the plan. The third mindless killing machine that would really put the hurt on the Avengers.

"We have her." he said into his phone.

Justin, who was on the other end, smiled an evil smile. His plan was falling right into play. Aria's screams could be heard in the background, they were like music to his ears. A scientist came up to him and handed him a piece of paper. It showed that they had unlocked three more powers for Aria. Once they had reached her final power; the serum would be put into her. The serum would make her emotionless, it would make her susceptible to orders that she would follow with no questions. The best part of it, she would remember everything she did. She would remember every person she hurts or kills; she would remember every building that would be destroyed, and that would live with her for the rest of her life. He would have three mindless killers to himself, and the bonus to it, two of them were Avengers.

"Good, very good."

He smiled and hung up the phone and handed the paper back to the scientist. They were only two powers away from unlocking her true potential. Now he had to go and get the cell set up for the daughter of Thor, and get the Winter Soldier geared up for the first attack.