C1: Dewling On Memories

<No one's pov>

After some days pass, Shadow's wounds healed fully. But, something was a bit....off. Bendy was talking with Cuphead when he noticed that Shadow was acting rather....weird.

"Uh, Cup?" He asks Cuphead as he looks at him. Cuphead then turns his attention from petting Jackpot to Bendy. "Yeah?"
"Don't you think Shadow's been acting....I don't know, odd over the past few days?" Bendy finished his sentence as he looks at Shadow who was sitting under a tree with her arms crossed holding her knees close to her.

Cuphead also looks over at Shadow. "Come to think of it now that you mentioned it, I do think she's been acting a bit strange after the last incident." Cuphead said as he agreed with Bendy that Shadow's been not her usual self lately.

"I'm gonna go talk to her, maybe she's had some rough times over these past few days." Bendy says as he gets up and walks over to Shadow. Cuphead had a feeling that something was off about Shadow's odd behavior, he couldn't figure out what.

Shadow sighs as she was thinking. "What's got you down? Having a rough day?" Bendy asks her as he sits next to her. Shadow glances at him. "Oh....hi, Bendy....I'm fine." She says in a not so encouraging tone.

Bendy knew that she was not ok. "You haven't been acting okay. Over the past few days, you've been sad and not as happy-go-lucky as you usually are. If there's something wrong, you can tell me. It's ok if you don't want to talk about it." He said as he placed a hand on Shadow's shoulder.

"I just want to know what's bothering you. Cuphead also sees that you weren't talking to us much."

Shadow then looks out at the woods as she sighs. "I guess I shouldn't keep secrets from you all. It's just that...I've been remembering someone I knew when I was a small kid. One day, they went missing. I never stopped looking ever since then." She explains. "I promised myself that I would stop at nothing until I found them again."

Bendy tilts hi head. "Did they mean something to you?" He asked as Shadow nods. "They were the first thing that ment the whole world to me. And now that they are missing, I would give anything to be reunited with them again." She says as tears fill her eyes.

Bendy wipes the tears away with his thumb. "Shadow," he began as he has Shadow look at him. "It's ok to tell us what's bothering you. If I'd known that you've been looking for someone for all this time, we all would have helped you, ya know?".

Shadow narrows her eyes as she looks at the flowers. "I know......I guess I was just too scared to ask.....I thought you'd all think I wasn't tough and ment well and that you'd all not want to have me around anymore....".

Bendy then hugs her and reassures her. "Don't day that! Now, why would we not want you around just because you asked for help? Of course we would have helped you. Even the toughest and bravest people need help sometimes."

Shadow looks at him. "You think so?" Bendy then has a determined expression. "I know so! Sometimes you gotta let others help you from time to time. You don't always have to help them, you know?" He says as he gently smiles. "Sometimes you when you need to be tough, is for a good reason."

Shadow then feels better as she smiles a bit. "Thank you, Bendy. That helps me a lot." Bendy then smiles. "You're Welcome!"

Bendy then walks away proudly. Shadow then thinks as she remembers the only memories she had with someone she knew since they were kids.

[Flashback]

<No one's pov>

Shadow was young and had a free spirit. She had one person who was the same as her, but different. They both act the same, think the same, they basically went together like to pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.

"Come on! You don't want to miss the firefly migration!" Shadow said as she ran into a beautiful meadow as it got dark. The person with her eventually caught up with her. "You....*huff*....are....*huff*....too fast for me..." they say between breaths as they were out of air from running.

Shadow wasn't tired. "You need to run a lot more so you don't tire out easily. You know like I always say, 'If you want to get to success, you need to keep trying until you earn it!' ". She says as she is in a proud stance.

"Easy for you to say. You're more quick and agile than me." They say. Shadow scoffs. "We'll see when we are older. Just think, 'Shadow and their bestest pal, epic adventures, speedy and brave, as they conjure the brave wilderness!' We will be famous!"

The 'friend' then chuckles a bit. "You really don't change, do you?" Shadow shakes her head. "Nope! And never will, not in a million years. Not even when I grow old and need a cane." She says as she mimics an old lady. "Hello, kiddens...I'm Shadow....I'm an old lady who's had adventures in the wilderness when she was a youngin..."

Her friend laughs as she holds her stomach. "Pfft hahahaha! You're making me laugh! If I grow old, I would be like this, 'Hello, children.....I'm a elderly who used to go on great adventures with my best friend when I was about your ages....' ". She says as she too mimicked an old lady.

Shadow and her friend laugh. Then they layed down on the grass as they watched the fireflies migrate through the sky, flickering their green and blue lights as they went by.

Shadow then sighs. "I wish thi moment would last forever." Her friend then turns to face her. "Shadow?" Shadow then looks at her friend. "Yeah?" "If anything happens to me....like....if I went missing......promise you will not stop looking for me?"

Shadow then hugs them. "Of course I would never stop looking for you! I will promise you and myself that. And I never go back on a promise." Her friend then smiles. "We will be together."

"Always..."

[Flashback ends]

Shadow then smiles as she sheds a few tears looking at the sky. "I promise......and I will find you......no matter the cost."