C6: Put On A Happy Face.

<No one's pov>

It's been months since Shadow got Breeze back after not seeing her for 14 years. Shadow has memories of all the trauma she's been through a few times every now and then. It almost seems like she's letting her fears of her past overcome her senses and making her feel weak and vulnerable.

Bendy was talking with Felix about something when he had a feeling that something was not right.

"Um, Mr. Felix?" He asked. Felix then changes the subject as he answers him. "Yes, Bendy?" "Well.....I just had a feeling just now....like, something is not right." Felix tilts his head to the side. "What do you mean? Everything is fine."

Bendy shakes his head. "No, I mean....something isn't right." He re-corrects him. Felix then thinks a bit. "What do you feel that isn't right?" Bendy then looks over at Shadow who was talking to her little sisters, Gena and Anna.

"I think it's something with Shadow...I don't know, but, I think there's something that she's not telling us, almost like she's hiding something." He finishes. Felix takes notice. "You're right...maybe we should ask her?" He suggests. Bendy feel as if Shadow wouldn't feel comfortable talking about what's troubling her, but figures to give it a try either way. "Let's see if she'll say why."

As they walked to Shadow, Bendy could sense an aura coming from Shadow, something that he's never sensed before. It was like sadness, anger, hurt, and rage mixed all around, yet, unstable. What is Shadow not telling them?

"Hey, uh, Shadow?" Bendy says as he gets Shadow's attention. Shadow turns to look at him. "Oh, Hey, Bendy, hey, Felix." Bendy then clears his throat a bit before speaking. "So, uh, how do I say or ask this...." he says as he thinks. "Uh, you seem.....a bit strange over the past months...and we want to know what's bothering you."

Shadow could sense that they wanted to know about her past. She turns to the side as she almost fully covers her face with her wings as her tail hang lower that she normally has it. "I.........I-I'd rather not......talk about it....." she says as she stutters with a faint hint of hurt in her voice.

Bendy already knew she'd not be comfortable talking about it. But he wasn't one to give up that easily.

[Determination-]

He places a hand on her shoulder as he softly speaks to her. "I know you don't want to talk nor think about it...but, we are here for you. If we know what's wrong, we will try our best to help you. We helped you get Breeze back, what else is troubling you? It's okay if you're not ready to bring it up."

Shadow then closes her eyes as she takes calm, yet faintly shakey breaths. "Okay.....I'll tell you......" her eyes were narrow as she remains calm.

"When I was young, it was just Breeze and I. We'd play together and do all sorts of things. Then, hunters.....not just any hunters, but demon hunters, came and took her away and I never saw her since that night." She explains her past in order from start to finish.

Bendy and Felix listen carefully and respectfully. "Then, when I had my 13 siblings, one day, a group of demon hunters swarmed the village I lived in, killing any half breed demons with wolves that looked demon. Many tried to escape, only the ones that looked more wolf survived." She says as she remembered everything clear as day.

"It was scary as my home was not only drenched with blood, but lit up in flames from the touches they threw at our homes, burning them to the ground. My family and I ran as fast as we could to escape, then my foot got caught on a tree root and I panicked.

I called out to my mom for help as I cried out of fear that I was going to die. She tuned back and tried to help me, my dad came to help as well. The demon hunters came closer the more time it took to free me. My mom knew the situation was critical.

She and I saw my siblings and then looked back at the hunters. Mom then had the look of thinking on her face. Then she broke the tree root and handed me to my dad. I was unsure why, I was filled with so much panic and fear to even understand anything.

She told my dad to take me and my siblings and get to somewhere safe and never look back. I was slowly realizing what was happening. I saw her run at the hunters and fought fiercely. Then I tried to get out of my dad's arms to get to mom.

An arrow, covered in a dark substance, darkness no doubt, and an arrow head made out of pure iron, flew straight at me. I braced for impact, but I didn't feel it hit me. Then, I looked, only to be filled with shock and sorrow." She continues as her eyes start to get teary.

"It was my mom.....and....she had the arrow, peirce through her heart.....using her body as a sheild....to protect me.....she told me to stay strong and that she'll always love me.....before falling to the ground and I watched as the life left her eyes.....I cried over her death as I was mentally and physically hurt....." she says as a few tears fall.

"Then dad lifted me up and we all ran away to safety. I looked back at the hunters as I saw a man, tall and evil, a human. And he looked at me. I was filled with vengeance and rage. I would get revenge if I ever saw him again." She grits her teeth a bit at the thought of Baxrex.

Then she calms a bit as she wiped her tears. "Then....about 5 years after mom died, dad............he....." she says as her words trail off. "He what?" Felix asked. Shadow then got teary again. "He got the Ink Illness......" Bendy and Felix were shocked.

"I tried.......everything........I was hopeful that....he'd survive.......but, he didn't make it.....his last words were to stay strong, no matter what cost.....after that......I've been on my own with my 13 siblings.......they ment everything to me more than ever......they're were the only family I have left now........now I got Breeze back....I feel like I got a piece of my family back..." she slightly smiles.

"But.........I just wish I could have the same with mom and dad......I miss them.....and everyone I meet....everywhere I go, they fear me.....because they see me as something I'm not.....a monster....because of a power and form that I have.....but I can't control...." she grips her wings a bit.

"I was forced to kill my siblings by the same man that I saw when my mom was killed.....he had me under his control with a type of liquid....it made me like a mindless zombie....who's only desire was to kill....but when I was about to hurt my brothers....I stopped myself, and saw my mother, then what I was doing." She breathes shakily.

"And I got control back, and attack the man, giving him a mark on his eye miking his eye blind. He said he'd return and I'd soon see why everyone saw me as a monster....I know I'm not a monster.....I'm just....I'm just a person who is seen as bad, when I'm actually a kind, loving soul, who wants her remaining family and friends to be safe and happy.....it's all I want....I want a happy life without anymore suffering....." she says as she cries quietly.

Bendy and Felix both hug her as they felt her pain. It's not easy to grow up in a world that has many bad in it, but there are some things in life that are great and happy and grand. Sometimes you let things go, and make what you have memorable while it lasts.

Bendy then looks at Shadow. "You poor thing.....you've been through all that hell, I'm sorry you had to go through that..." he says as he felt really sorry for her. Who wouldn't? "But, you've got us now. And we will make sure that you'll never, ever have to go through that again, alright?"

Shadow nods her head as she smiled a bit. Bendy softly chuckles as he wipes her tears away. "Now, no more thinking on those negative memories, focus on the good ones. You'll feel better as life goes on. Trust me, you'll be fine." He says with a smile.

Shadow then feel ok afterwards. She then feels as if she might have a chance at life, a chance to finally be herself and not worry about anything bad. Maybe, just maybe....

She will live the life she wanted since her happy days went down to hell all those years ago.

Only time will tell....

[To be continued...]