C4: Close, Yet So Far

<No one's pov>

The next morning, Shadow was woken up by Bendy. "Hmmm.....five more minutes...." she groans muffly as she covers her face with her wings.

[Yes, she has wings if I hadn't mentioned in the original.]

Bendy wasn't going to let her sleep through the entire day. "You need to get up. We are going to help you find your sister." Shadow slightly wakes a bit. The side eyes him as she tries to wake up. "Give me a bit....I'll be up in a few."

Bendy sighs as he leaves her be. 'Some girls are so stubborn sometimes...' he thought to himself.

[XD he ain't wrong. I get stubborn myself. But I am not gonna reveal my gender, none shall know! I will be known with gender fluid 0v0 I am neither in this book universe.]

After a few 3 to 5 minutes, Shadow is finally awake and ready for the journey. As she and the entire group venture into the woods, Cuphead couldn't help but get that feeling that on this journey, something bad is bound to turn up.

Then they came to an opening in the huge forest after 5 hours of walking. Shadow climbs up a tall tree as her nails and claws grip into the tree's bark as she made the climb.

Once she reached a stabe and decent branch that supported her weight, she then scans the area for any sign or clue of where her sister might be. Her pupils were slit and sharp, like how a cat's eye would if it was feral. With her eyes like this, she had perfect clear vision and could see things as clear as day fo miles.

Meanwhile, the group down on the ground below are waiting for Shadow to either find something or climb back down. Cuphead had a gut feeling that something was strange in the air, but he couldn't figure out why.

Then, Shadow sees something in the distance. She squinted her eyes for a better look. There was black smoke, from a freshly put out campfire no doubt. She finds this as a clue.

She leaps down from the branch and lands on her feet. "Ok, I saw black smoke off in the distance, about a mile away to the west of here. I think it's from a camp site."

"Lead the way!" Felix says. Then everyone followed Shadow to the camp site. Once they reached the destination, as Shadow figured; a freshly put out campfire.

She crouched down and felt the ashes. "Hmm......just as I figured.....still warm, it's still fresh..." then she looks over at a tent that looked to be in the process of being taken down in a hurry but as a failed attempt. "Seems like someone wanted to leave in a hurry..."

Felix examined the tent as he went inside to look at what was there. He looked around for a bit until he found a kind of leather note book hiding under a suit case beside a sniper rifle with a silencer.

He grabs the book and reads a little bit of it, trying to find something interesting. 'Hmm...' he thinks as he keeps looking. Then, he found something that could be a clue. He looks at a sketched and slightly colored drawing of a cage with something in it on the first page along with an entry.

" 'Entry number 45, early morning.

I've found them, I've found some half breeds of the ink demon blood! And I managed to capture one: female, about the same age as the other one, slightly shy, but fiesty. They were unique because they were pure white. I've never heard of a white ink demon before, must be super rare then.

I am going to rest for the night and record my entries in the morning.' "

Felix's eyes widen. This is a huge chunk of evidence that someone WAS here, and they had Shadow's sister. Then he read more and came across a recent one.

" 'Entry number 99, late evening.

As I was getting up and about to continue transporting this female half breed demon, I saw something, black as night in a tree in the distance with my binoculars. I was in shock: this was a demon no doubt, in search for something, probably this white half breed.

I quickly put out the fire and tried to take down the tent, then I realized I messed up. The demon can see the smoke and know where I am. Crap...

If someone finds this book, you'd better try to catch me if you want this white half breed.' "

Felix immediately rushed to everyone and told them everything. Shadow then senses something in the air. Suddenly, a loud shreek cuts the air, sending shivers down everyone's spine.

Shadow's eyes go straight as she look in the direction of the shreek. "It's her......" she says suddenly as she is dead focused. Then she runs after the sound of her sister, everyone trying their best attempts to keep up.

Eventually, they made it to where the shreeks were and saw Shadow's sister in a cage, the person who trapped her was nowhere in sight, not even their smell or presence. Shadow rushes to her long lost sister after losing her over 14 years ago.

"I thought I'd never see you again, you're okay!" Shadow says as she has a wide smile on her face and tears in her eyes. Her sister also was crying of joy. "Shadow! I'd known you'd come find me!"

Shadow was overjoyed by this reunion. Then she gets back to focus. "Okay, we need to get you out of here..." she says as she looks for anything to use to try to pry the cage door open.

[Btw, since they both are the same age, Shadow is older by 3 minutes, meaning her sister is 19 too, but younger by 3 minutes 0v0]

Shadow had no luck, then she looks at her tail, then at the key lock. She then uses the tip of her tail that was like a needle to try and lock pick the lock. Then, the door unlocked.

Shadow was greeted with a hug by her beloved sister. They both had a heartwarming moment before going back to refocusing on their situation. "Let's get out of her before they come back." Hersister nods as she leads everyone out of the danger zone and back to the safety of civilization.

After they rented a hotel for the night, Shadow then intriduces her sister to everyone, even her other siblings who never met Shadow's other sister.

"I didn't get to properly introduce her to you all. This is Breeze." She starts as she hugs her sister close. "She's the one I've been looking for the day she was missing. Now that she's back, I no longer need to try to find her anymore." She has a smile on her face, one of both joy and happiness.

Breeze also smiles. "And since we are back together again, you need to introduce everyone to me. I've missed out on so much."

Shadow chuckles lively. "I almost forgot got! Hahaha!" She was very happy. After she introduced everyone to Breeze, everything was calm and happy. Soon everyone went to bed.

Shadow slept well that night, noting that eventhough her mom and dad weren't with her, she knew that she got one loved one back, as a quote was once said,

'With love, comes loss, son, it's part of the deal. Sometimes it hurts, but, in the end, it's all worth it. There's no greater gift than love.'

[Btw, this quote is from a movie that made my heart feel tender from its bitter sweet ending, but this is a true thing in real life.]