C9: Forgiveness

<No one's pov>

[Meanwhile with Shadow]

Shadow ran far from camp and far from Bendy, her one friend who she thought would see her differently, but she seemed to have thought wrong. All she knew growing up was that people will always, always, judge by actions and appearance, not what is on the inside under the broken, yet hardened shell.

She then stops and sits down as she places her second pairs of arms on her knees and her first pair covering her eyes as she cried. "Why......why am I here......what is my real purpose? Why does everyone see me as something evil....when I'm a nice, sweet person.......who's grown up with nothing but sorrow, tragedy, and misery?" She asks out loud as she looked up at the sky, at the moon and the stars as they gently sparkle in the midnight sky.

"Why........why am I like this......something with a power that is far from my control? Am I here to be an evil monster, that wants nothing but death and destruction, or am I just a broken spirit who can't stand up for herself when the truth is shown?" She adds.

"Why...?"

She then resumes her crying as she finally broke as her hardened shell from all the pain she's felt in her past finally gave way, making her fully vulnerable. Then, a gentle voice speaks to her, almost like a ghostly tone.

"You're not a monster."

She looks up and through her tears, she sees a spirit of what looked to be a demon, but, with war marks and scars as they had battle clothing on that was torn and worn out along with a single scar on their eye. He walks to Shadow.

"Some people see what they believe is true, but some..." he begins as he gives Shadow a photo of her and the crew, and her siblings and mom and dad. "Some people see differently, even if they look like they see the same, deep down, they are different from others. Sometimes the truth hurts, but, sometimes it's okay to let your feelings show.

You can be strong, but only when you have to be. I'm sorry your life wasn't as pretty as you hoped I would be, but you can make a better one with those who care for you. Those who see your pain, and most importantly, they see you for who you really are, not what you aren't."

Shadow then frowns a bit as her eyes narrow. "I just want to know why I'm so hated by those who dislike my kind...I just want a life without anymore suffering.......i just want........I want to be free..."

Then the spirit smiles as he reassures her. "You are free...but not in the way you see it. You are free to chose who you want to be...and I think, you can do more than just help others, you can help yourself if you just give yourself a chance to make a change. Trust me, you're not alone in this world. I may be just some dead old relative from the past for your kind, but I know how it feels. Just give yourself a chance, and you'll see how much you can do if you just have a little change and Forgiveness in your life."

Then, they disappeared. Shadow thinks for a moment as she channels through her memories over on repeat, focusing on the tiny things that were key to her being.

Then, she smiled a bit. "I guess....giving myself a second chance...wouldn't hurt."