Chapter Ten

Hindi ako mapalagay... Nakauwi na si Zevero, pero hindi ko alam kung paanong akto ang gagawin ko para hindi niya mahalata na malalim ang iniisip ko.

"Kyla..."

I flinched when he called me. I cleared my throat and forced a smile. "Yes?" I asked.

He drank his water while staring intently at me. "What's wrong?" he asked in a low tone.

"Uhm... nothing. I'm just... not in the mood," pagpapalusot ko.

He just stared at me as if he wasn't convinced with my answer.

"To hell with that," seryosong sabi niya habang matiim na nakatitig sa'kin.

"Magpapahinga na ako," sabi ko na lang saka tumayo mula sa hapag.

I was about to go to our room, but Zevero immediately grabbed my arm and made me face him. I gulped when I saw his angry expression. His jaw clenched.

"Fucking tell me what's wrong... right now," mariing sinabi niya.

Napabuga ako ng hangin at napahawak sa batok ko. "M-Mr. Sanoza died... last night," I mumbled.

His angry expression turned into a playful one. He grinned and stared at me with a teasing expression. "And? You think I killed him?"

I bit my lower lip and didn't say anythin.

"Yeah, I killed him. I brought him to his own house and beat him up there. I beat him up until he was no longer recognizable. I broke all his bones and literally ruined him before I shot his head with my favorite gun," nakangiting sinabi niya pa.

Napasinghap ako at napaatras sa kaniya... pero natigilan na lang ako nang humalakhak siya.

"Damn. What do you think of me? Do you really think I'm a murderer?" he asked in a teasing tone and slightly tilted his head.

I smacked his chest so hard and cried. Tila natigilan naman siya nang makita akong umiyak.

"I hate you so much, Zevero! You scared me! I was being serious here! I thought you really killed him!" I said between my sobs as I smacked his hard chest.

"H-hey, sorry... I was just kidding," tila natarantang sabi niya saka humawak sa balikat ko at hinila ako palapit sa kaniya.

I sniffled and tried to push him, but he just pulled me closer to him and wiped my tears with his thumb. I cried harder. He made me snuggle on his chest and caressed my hair.

I want to notice that he easily said 'sorry' to me, but I think I wasn't in the mood to tease him right now.

"I-I hate you so much. You're too cruel. How can you joke about something like that?" I sniffled.

"Okay, it was wrong of me to do that. I'm sorry... okay? Stop crying... I was just kidding, hmm?" he mumbled and caressed my back.

I looked at him and sniffled. "I-is that true? You didn't kill him? Are you really telling the truth?" I asked while staring at him.

He bit his lower lip and nodded. "Y-yeah... I'm not a killer, Kyla."

Tila nakahinga ako nang maluwag sa sinabi niya. Yumakap ako sa kaniya saka napahagulgol ng iyak. Ni hindi ko alam kung bakit ako nagkakaganito... What the hell was wrong with me?

Zevero carried me and made me sit on the table. He wiped my tears and went to the fridge to get a glass of water for me. Lumapit siya ulit sa akin at pinainom ako noon.

Nang maubos ko na ang tubig, muli niya akong binuhat saka dinala sa silid namin. He sat on the couch, and he made me sit on his lap.

"I-I hate you," I muttered and bit my lower lip.