Chapter Thirteen

That night... I didn't say anything and just changed the topic. After that, he didn't try to talk about it again. 

I honestly don't know what to feel about it. I don't even know if I should take it seriously... I just tried not to think about it. 

Time passed by quickly... I was already 9 months pregnant with the triplets. Malapit na akong manganak. It wasn't easy. Masyadong mabigat ang tiyan ko dahil tatlo sila. Kaya naman palaging nakabantay si Zevero. Pati yata sa pagtulog, nakabantay siya sa akin. 

"Do you want me to massage your feet?" 

Natigilan ako sa paghaplos sa tiyan ko nang umupo si Zevero sa tabi ko. Kakatapos niya lang maligo. Humawak din siya sa tiyan ko saka dinampian 'yon ng halik. 

"I'm fine... Just read a book for me," I said and gave her a story book for kids. 

Marami na siyang napamiling gamit para sa triplets. Pinaayos na rin niya ang magiging kwarto nila kahit hindi pa naman iyon kailangan. Masyado siyang excited, at sa totoo lang, natutuwa ako sa tuwing nakikita siyang ganoon. 

I just closed my eyes and leaned on his arm when he started reading. His voice was deep and manly. I really love his voice. For me, it was soothing to the ears. 

I knew for sure that Zevero wasn't really like this. He was an asshole. But I was sure about one thing... he would be a good father. Iyon lang naman ang importante sa akin... Ang hindi niya pabayaan ang mga anak namin... kapag iniwan ko na. 

"Kyla... Are you alright?"

Natigilan ako nang humawak si Zevero sa pisngi ko. He seemed worried. He gently caressed my cheek. 

"H-huh?" I asked. 

"You were quiet." His forehead creased. 

I chuckled and shook my head. "Malamang. Alangan namang dumadaldal ako habang nagbabasa ka. OA mo na naman, e."

He sighed and hugged me. He kissed my cheek and caressed my arm. "I don't like it when you're quiet like this. You're sometimes hard to read," he muttered. 

"You're hard to read too..." I pouted. 

"No... What you see is what you get. I'm vocal. I show my feelings through my actions too..." sabi niya. Tila ayaw pang magpatalo. 

Napangisi ako saka umiling. "You're a mystery to me."

"Of course... I hide a lot of things from you. I will only show and give my everything... if you'll also do the same... because I don't give without anything in return," he murmured and caressed my hair. "No, I don't want just anything... I want everything... because I'm willing to give everything too."

I sighed and bit my lower lip... He was really twisted... and so damn hard to read. 

For the past months that I'd been with him, I always told myself that whatever he was doing... I shouldn't let it consume my mind... and my heart. 

I tried so hard not to fall for it... not to fall for him. I did everything... or maybe I didn't. Maybe I did not try hard enough. Maybe I just let myself indulge everything that he was giving... whether it was sincere or not... whether it would last or not.

I just knew I was foolish. I'd never been this foolish. Zevero made me a fool that I'd never been. 

For the past nine months that we were together... I knew for sure that I fell in love with Zevero. 

He was absolutely not the kindest man. He hated women. He had a lot of qualities that I despise. He wasn't the perfect man to love... 

But I don't know why I still found myself falling hard for him... I love the way he smiles at me, the way he takes care of me, the way he gets annoyed by the smallest things, the way he touches me, the way he shows his immature sides to me... I just... love everything.