Chapter Two: A Normal Teenage Girl Or Not

Our Secret Betrayal

Chapter Two: A Normal Teenage Girl Or Not

"Christen. Mom's home!" Shouted Lola from down the stairs.

I sat up on the bed, and stood up. I had been quietly laying on the bed enjoying the many memories that was shared in this home.

I gently stepped down the wooden stairs while secretly holding my breath. For me it was a bit different getting to see family after two years of not seeing them. Especially when it came to my perfectionist of a mother.

If something wasn't right she would proudly announce it before fixing it right away.

Even so I love my mother, and I hope she still feels the same way about me. At times like these, things were hard to know since she didn't show much affection.

I arrived in the kitchen where they were. Once I got in there my mother was turned toward the kitchen cabinets putting things away with her back facing me.

"Hi. . . mother." I greeted lowly.

She slowly turned around and her long dark brown hair was cut into a bob, and she wore a purple blouse, and jeans. Still incredibly beautiful as always.

Her eyes welled up with tears as she threw herself on me in a hug. A tight, long, comforting hug.

"My baby, my oldest baby." She croaked squeezing me tighter.

"I missed you so much mom." I inhaled her mature scent of perfume, and roses.

This was quite shocking I must admit. My mother wasn't the one for hugs.

She released me, and gave me a once over.

"You look very. . . uh. . expensive."

I rolled my eyes and shot a glance at my sister who was in the corner snickering while drinking orange juice straight out of the carton.

I faked a smile at my mother. "I'll take that as a compliment."

"A compliment eh?"

My sister laughed even harder, and my mom's eyes snapped over to her.

"Lola Janette Carter! We do not drink out of cartons around here!" She scolded walking over to my sister.

Not exactly the kind of welcome home chat that I wanted from my mother, but what's done is done.

"Were you raised like an animal?"

I walked out of the kitchen while my mom still nagged at my sister about her manners.

I missed the days like these. It's sad to know that I won't be staying here for very long. The longest I could be on vacation was one month. I tried to pull some strings to extend my stay, but it was no use. Some of my best modeling gigs said that they would find a replacement if I couldn't make it.

Even now I still have gigs to attend to, but they were either in this state or in a neighboring one. My manager Lisa booked these so I could visit my family, and still further my career.

I went into the first floor bathroom, and used it before washing my hands and looking into the mirror.

My tanned skin glowed underneath the fluorescent lights. My beautiful light brown, long, naturally wavy hair cascaded down my shoulders. My light pink plump lips made my hazel eyes stand out as my long black eyelashes swept across my cheek bones.

I was a true natural beauty. I had a great smile, an amazing body, a gorgeous face, and perfect hair. I stood at about 5'10 and that's without heels on.

I couldn't help, but remember why I am who I am today. Christen Carter a world famous super model. Okay fine, I wasn't all the way there yet, but one day I will be.

My beautiful golden sheer dress fitted my every curve showing a bit of clevage, along with my six inch stilettos.

I loved admiring myself, as I felt like every girl should.

I walked out of the bathroom after applying a thin coat of lip gloss to my lips. I usually go for more of a matte look, but this time I wanted to switch it up.

I pulled out my phone before sitting on the grey sectional couch that was placed in the living room.

Lisa did make me promise to check my schedule twice a day, every day while I was here because ever since my shoot with covergirl, gigs have just been thrown at my feet. Lisa updates my schedule from LA and it syncs with my iPhone.

I really didn't mind the hard work that came with my dreams. Plus it never killed me to pose in front of some cameras, in fact it strengthen me in some kind of way.

While on my phone looking at my schedule I saw at least ten gigs already lined up for this week. I also received a text from my fake hollywood boyfriend Stephen Mccain Wright. He is an actor whom is very hot right now in his hit new tv show BloodLust.

BloodLust is a vampire based television series that of which Stephen has the honor of being the protagonist in. I was incredibly proud of my fake boyfriend, and even though we were long distance I was sure that we could make it work. By make it work, I mean make it believable.

-

From: Stephen

To: Christen

"Wyd?"

-

I sent him a quick text back.

-

From: Christen

To: Stephen

"Nothing, Wyd?"

-

At this point I wished that my father would come home already. I really needed my things out of the trunk of my car, but I really couldn't risk myself getting hurt.

A light bulb struck from the top of my head. I need a personal assistant. Someone who could handle looking over my schedule, and doing things that I don't want to do.

Hmm. . . but where do I find one? I could go online, but chances are I would just find creepy, fan stalkers.

I took a deep breath in, and blew it out. Christen there is no need to stress yourself out over this. You are on vacation. . . kinda, and you need to relax.

Or maybe I need a nap? I stretched my body out while getting up. That was a very long jet ride. Maybe some sleep will help me relax my body.

I nodded to myself before walking up the wooden stairs.

Just then my phone vibrated, I grabbed it from my purse and seen that Stephen had answered my text.

-
From: Stephen

To: Christen

"Nothing much, just thinking of you baby."

-

A smile made itself onto my lips, and I couldn't help but feel warm, and happy inside. Stephen made me joyous in so many ways. He was like my boy best friend. Right now we were in the top ten of upcoming Hollywood Teen's IT couples. We hadn't made number one yet, but I knew that we would eventually.

I walked into my bedroom, closed the door, sat on the bed and quickly replied to his text.

-

From: Christen

To: Stephen

"Sure. Thinking of me huh? What in the world could you be thinking about me?"

-

I made sure the text sent before I threw off my six inch heels, and stretched out across my bed. I could have never fathom that this would be my life as of right now.

Everything was going amazing, and besides the fact of wanting to be a normal girl every now and then, things couldn't be more perfect.