Chapter Twelve: A Second Chance At Redemption

Our Secret Betrayal

Chapter Twelve: A Second Chance At Redemption

Beep, Beep, Beep

My alarm clock suddenly went off, and I threw the first thing that I could get my hands on at it, which happened to be a pillow.

It did the trick though, the alarm clock fell on the floor, and smashed into pieces.

I relaxed back into my soft, comfortable bed.

I started slowly drifting off back to sleep, that was until there was yet another disturbance.

My little annoying, brat of a sister rushed in loudly snatching the blanket away from me, and shaking me roughly.

My eyes snapped open, and I jumped up taking my blind fold off of my face. "Lola! What in the hell is wrong with you?"

She looked at me with a smirk before rolling her eyes. "You've been away for two years, yet you're still the same."

My eyes jumped open in shock. What the? Wait, wait. Didn't this already happen? What in the hell was going on here?

"Hurry up, and get ready! We've got like fifteen minutes until the first bell rings." She walked out of my bedroom.

Fifteen minutes? That's what she said before. I hopped out of bed and ran to look in the mirror. What in the hell was going on here? I didn't look any different.

I shook my head, and tried to calm myself down. There has to be a reasonable explanation for this!

It was all a dream? I took in a deep breath. I was dreaming? It didn't feel like a dream! Maybe, this was my second chance. My chance at redemption! My chance to make things right, to make the right decisions this time.

Taking everything into perspective, I hurried up and got ready for school.

-

"Christen are you ready to go yet?" Bugged Lola.

I just finished adding the last curl to my long, light brown hair.

I walked down the stairs to see an impatient looking little sister of mine.

As she watched me ascend the stairs her eyes got bigger, and bigger. Once I reached the bottom I gave her a toothy smile.

"You like?" I questioned confidently.

"Yeah I love! Are those my clothes?" She asked in a big smile.

I smiled back at her proudly. "Why yes, yes they are Lo Lo." I didn't know exactly what was going on, but this was my second chance and I was going to do whatever to get it right this time! "I figured that I should dress casual."

I was wearing a beautiful loose white fringe blouse, some denim jeans, and a pair of brown fringe boots.

Her mouth fell open. "I'm glad that you're finally taking my style advice." She bragged and I laughed at my dorky little sister.

"Of course you are." I teased. "Now that I'm taking your advice maybe you could take mine. . ." I trailed off nervously.

Her eyebrows furrowed a bit waiting on me to continue.

"I know that it's your business, and choice on who to date, but just promise me that you won't be blinded by love to the point where you can't see the signs that are right in front of you. I love you Lola."