Chapter Eight: Fame & Fortune

Our Secret Betrayal

Chapter Eight: Fame & Fortune

We walked into the house with a whole bunch of shopping bags. I ran straight up the stairs and sat them down on my bedroom floor.

I had such a great day today with Lola. I didn't confess but somehow I feel a bit relieved.

I grabbed my phone and turned it on to see twenty messages, and five missed calls all from Lisa.

Whoa, I wondered what could have happened. I called Lisa immediately and awaited her answer.

"Hello?" She answered sounding a bit frazzled.

"Uh, yea. It's me. Is everything alright?" I questioned quite concerned.

"Is everything alright? Is everything alright she asks! Of course not!" She yelled out over the phone. "Actually it's the total opposite! I have been tryna reach you all day, ever since school ended at 3:00 p.m."

I giggled a bit. "Oh yeah I was out spending time with my little sister."

"Well, while you were out and about enjoying yourself I was getting a bunch of complaints about all the gigs you missed today! Did you even bother to check your schedule this morning?"

I thought it over, and remembered that I was so upset about Roman and Lola this morning. It must of skipped my mind.

I sighed. "No, and I'm sorry I just had a lot on my mind."

"Oh really? Well here's something else to add to your all so important thinking. Your "Stardom" episode that I was working on getting you has already been cancelled due to your sudden drop of popularity and unprofessionalism!"

My heart wanted to stop beating. Hell for a second I thought it did stop beating. I was up for an episode on Stardom?

Stardom is this new hit tv series that showcases the lives of popular upcoming celebs. Once you're on their you've officially made it!

I fell down to the ground my eyes as big as saucers. "No. . . no."

It can't be. This can't be true. My big break, my big shot.

My celebrity status was about to float up. I was finally getting my chance.

"This can't be real." I croaked with a broken voice.

"Yes honey, it's real! There's also some more bad news for you. I quit."

My breath hitched inside of my throat. "Quit? Quit? You can't quit Lisa!" I screamed loudly.

"I can not be known as the manager to some dried up model. The fact that you're not even serious about getting your career to the next level is more than enough of a reason to quit for me."

Tears fell rapidly as I sat on the floor in disbelief. Are you serious? Is this what my life has turned into?

"Lisa please, please don't quit! I promise I can do better! Please- I can do better!" I begged.

"Christen you have nothing! You're not even in the media! You haven't been in months. The only way to recover from something like this is some huge publicity!"

My mind started spinning as I desperately tried to hold on to the only dream that I have ever had.

"I. . . I have something. . . I have a scandal! A huge one that will get me known."

The other side of the line got quiet as she seemed to think it over. "All publicity is good publicity. Okay, what have you got?"

I took a deep breath and smiled a little. "I had sex with my sister's boyfriend." I whispered quietly.