Chapter Seven: Shamefully Good

Our Secret Betrayal

Chapter Seven: Shamefully Good

"What's your favorite color?" Chloe started.

"Coral." I answered briefly with a light smile.

It was lunch hour, and we were sitting outside at an umbrella table playing our first round of 100 questions.

"What's your middle name?" I asked curiously.

"Della."

"Have you ever had plastic surgery?" She inquired.

That question took me aback for a second. I have never had plastic surgery before but it shocked me that she would bring that up in the first round.

Sheesh. . .

"No."

"Do you like animals?" I questioned.

"I love them, but don't have any." She replied sadly.

"What's your favorite album?"

"Hilary Duff  'Breath In. Breath Out.' " I shouted joyfully.

"Can you cook?"

"A little. . . if eggs count." She giggled.

I laughed as well.

"Are you a virgin?" She interrogated.

I blushed a bright red color. I actually gave my v-card away to my first crush, Danny Figg.

"No, I lost it at fifteen."

"Do you have siblings?" She looked like the spoiled type, but I wanted to know for sure.

"I'm an only child."

"Do you have any?" She asked back.

"Yeah, Lola Carter she actually goes to this school as well."

She gasped. "Wow. . . I never knew that."

"Are you in a relationship?" My voice was really shaky. A question like that one, kind of brought up memories and thoughts about Roman, and that whole situation.

"No."

"Okay, that's it for today." I breathed.

For some reason I was a bit nervous every time it was her turn to ask me questions. I had to calm down though.

I mean it's not like she was going to ask me something like have you ever slept with your sister's boyfriend.

"That was really fun. I feel like I know you a little better now."

I nodded with a small smile. "Yeah, and once we finish the game we get to find out all the things that we have in common.

"There's sure to be plenty I just know it."

We giggled together.

"Hey, I'm going to ask my sister Lola if she wants to hang out at the mall today, would you like to come?"

She pouted a little. "I would have loved to come with you guys but I have cheer practice today."

My eyes widened as I spoke in a snobby old woman's voice. "Why Ms. Dickson I would have never pegged you as a perky cheer girl!"

Which of course is a total lie. I knew something was up because she's always perky and cheerful.

"Oh Ms. Carter you flatter me." She replied as she copied my accent and blushed humbly. "I of course would not dare to be known as just a perky cheer girl. No in fact, I'm way better than that! I'm the perky head cheer captain!"