Chapter Nine: My Guilty Pleasure

Our Secret Betrayal

Chapter Nine: My Guilty Pleasure

Three Weeks Later

"Roman are we bad people?" I whispered into his ear.

He shook his head. "I don't see how falling in love could be bad no matter the circumstances."

I looked up into his green eyes. So naive, I thought. Of course we were bad people. We were having sex behind my sister's back.

Even so, my attraction to Roman has grown immensely and I'm afraid that I could possibly be in love with the guy. That of course goes against the entire plan completely but it seems that my feelings always end up controlling me somehow.

I maneuvered myself up and started to slip on my clothes.

This is the way things usually went. I text him or he'll text me and we would meet up at a gas station and I would hop up into his truck. He mostly drives us to vacant parking lots and we would make passionate love. We would always talk and spend quality time together afterwards.

I don't know if "love" is the right word to call it. It just feels different. The way he touches me and holds me, his kisses.

They just all feel different, but a good kind of different and I think I like it.

"Christen. . ."

I turned around to see Roman with a hand through his hair.

"What is it?" I questioned after slipping on my last item of clothing.

"Aren't you sick of this?" His green eyes sparkled before me as I looked into them.

I raised an eyebrow. "Are you referring to our frequent sexual encounters?"

Did he not want to do this anymore? I felt some anger rising within me, but knew that I had to hear him out before jumping to conclusions.

"No . . . no. What I meant was I'm tired of always having to sneak around with you. Your sister is amazing but she deserves better than me, . . . Than this."

He grabbed my hand in his and pulled me onto his lap.

"Christen even as fucked up as it seems I feel like you are the one for me. This isn't just a fling. I can't stop thinking about you, and I always want to be near you regardless of the sex or not."

My hazel eyes turned glassy. Was this forreal? Did Roman actual have these kind of strong feelings for me.

Did they really travel that deep through out his heart?

"Let's go." He shouted excitedly out of nowhere.

My heart pounded in my chest. "Go where?"

"Out to dinner. Let me take you out to dinner."

I wanted to smack Roman in the back of his head. Is he out of his mind? We can't go out in public together! There was absolutely no way.

That's how people get caught up.

"No. You know why we can't do that so why would you even offer up an idea such as that one?"

His eyes caught mine in an entrapment of pure glory.

"I just want to show you off to the world."

With that one sentence he took my breath away.

I would never have imagined that through it all I would have fallen for my sister's boyfriend.