1.

LAVINIA WEATHERSTONE
-

"Did you see Draco? I swear he's gotten even cuter over Christmas break." My bestfriend, Matilda, says while stuffing her face with French toast. I stifle a laugh, wiping my mouth with a small napkin.

"You and your obsessions.. when will they end?" I drag out, collapsing my head into my hands with a groan. Her infectious laugh rings out in my ear, and a small smile makes its way onto my face.

"What's your first class?" She asks, finishing her toast and pushing her play away gently.

"I have potions, you?"

Her eyes glance over her schedule, which she's scribbled messily onto her hand, before looking back up and responding, "DADA." I nod slowly, before a loud ruckus of laughter alerts the entire great hall. We both look up in usion, seeing everyone on the Slytherin table laughing at this poor kid, who looks as if he was just pranked by the Weasily twins. Poor guy.

Pink paint was covering his entire body from waist up, his food splattered and stained on his robes.

My eyes glance around the table, before accidentally stopping on the infamous five, all of them laughing in hysterics, leaving me with a scowl on my face. Who do they think they are?

-

After were dismissed, I make my way down the many corridors alone. My robe and tie are placed perfectly on my body, and my brown hair is pulled back into a neat ponytail.

I bite at my nails, a silly habit of mine I've lived along with since I was a kid. I've never really enjoyed potions, I'm alright at it, but I never fully understand what Snape is yapping about.

I eventually arrive at potions, taking my seat in the front row. Students start to pile in not long after, and my eyes immediately travel to Draco and Theodore as they walk in, laughing about some joke Draco made.

As soon as I'm about to look away, Draco spots me looking at them, sending a mocking wink in my direction. Scoffing, I turn back around and ignore them both.

Lorenzo walks in not long after them, coming to sit down next to me.

"Hey!" He beams, placing his equipment under the desk in front of him. I smile and return the favor, before Snape strides into the room.

"Welcome back to the core subject, potions. I expect a swift year this year, no funny business, please." He states, his voice monotone and lips in a line.

The lesson begins, and I'm already struggling. Our topic this lesson is about love potions, Amortentia to be exact. It's a powerful potion, and should be dealt with properly.

I'm starting to zone out, voices speaking around me in the background slowly becoming small hushed words.

"Lavinia." I snap out of my daze, only to find Snape right in front of me, staring down with intimidation. I swallow, tucking a small fly-away behind my ear.

"Sorry professor. What were you saying?"

He continues to watch me from above, a small scowl prominent on his face.

"I was saying, before you rudely ignored me, that you will be working in partners to do this assignment." My expression drops. Partners? You've got to be kidding me.

"Don't worry about choosing them yourselves, I will sort you into pairs myself." Snape replies shortly.

I turn my head, looking at Enzo, only to find he's already looking at me, a worried expression on his face as he mouths 'this fucking sucks'.

I nod, glancing back up at Snape, who's already addressing partners.

"-Draco and Pansy, and.."

I look at him, knowing I haven't been called out yet.

"Lavinia and Theodore."

The words crash over me like tidal wave, catching me by surprise instantly. Me? Working with Theodore? Nope. Not happening.

"But sir-" I try to reason, only to be shut up right away.

"No buts. Go sit with your partner, Lavinia." He snaps, nodding up towards Theodore.

With a small groan, I grab my belongings, get out of my seat, and start trudging up towards his desk.

"Excited to work with me?" He asks, raising an eyebrow with a small smirk.

"Don't flatter yourself, Theodore. I'd rather work with a toad." I say, taking a seat next to him.

A small laugh erupts from Theodore, who's shaking his head slowly. He puts a hand over his heart, a dramatic expression washed over his face.

"Aw, that hurt my feelings." He mocks, his voice whiny. I roll my eyes, clearing my throat. "I'm glad I did."

"You better watch that pretty little mouth of yours, you don't want yourself getting into any trouble, do you?" His tone is dark, just like his expression. The longer I look at him, the faster my knees seem to buckle.

I open my book and start writing, choosing to ignore his antics. I want this to be over already.