4.

LAVINIA WEATHERSTONE
-

The sound of my heeled Mary Janes clacking against the cold cobble stone echoed out through the silent halls.

Pellets of smooth rain made small ripples in already forming puddles, the sky grey and dark. Rainy days are always the most peaceful in my opinion. There's something about the sound small droplets of water make when they splash against the earth that makes life so warm. So calming.

So, on a rainy day like this, I've decided to take the opportunity to work on my potions project.

Taking small steps, I begin to inch closer and closer to the inviting doors of the library.

I make my way in, sending small smiles to people I recognize, before setting myself in a far corner near a window. I rest my head against it for a small while, listening to the rain fall on my castles roof.

After what felt like forever, I fix my posture and open my study book. The smell of old parchment floats up my nose as I turn the brownish papers, flicking back and forth until I find where I'm up to.

I begin writing about the potion, sketching a basic picture of what It looks like and the ingredients that go into it. I can't help but to feel entranced by the potion, having it have such beautiful details about it.

I hear heavy footsteps growing closer to me, and when I look up, I see Wes sitting down next to me.

"Oh hey," I smile, dropping my pencil and turning to face him.

"Thank fucking finally, I've been looking for you literally everywhere." He says, groaning dramatically. I laugh, confusion spreading on my face. "What's up?"

"There's a party in the Slytherin common room tomorrow night, and your coming with me. No buts." Wes declares, pushing my books away from me to gain my full attention.

"A party? Wes.. I'd love to, but I seriously have no clothes cute enough for a Slytherin party." I sigh, furrowing my brows. Wes just looks at me, his mouth agape slightly.

I take this time to take in what he's wearing. A Hufflepuff sweater, small black earrings, and small brown freckles are painted all across his nose.

I can't help but to feel somewhat jealous of his face structure. The sharp jawline that could cut through anything if it wanted, he'll, why can't mine be that sharp?

"So? I'll find something you can wear. I'm sure there's something in that closet of yours. Anyway, I'll see you later, I've got to get to astronomy." He says, patting my shoulder and walking away.

A sigh escaped my mouth, as I lean my head into the comfort of my arms on the table.

"What was that all about, hm?" A voice speaks up in front of me. I look up, Theodore standing in front of my table with his hands in his pockets.

"Theodore? What are you doing here?" I ask? Furrowing my brows as I pull my books closer to me. He takes a step forward, leaning on the table with his two hands.

"Just call me Theo, Theodore sounds too..proper. And I just came here with Mattheo, he needed to return some books. Now, answer my question pretty girl. Who was that?" He says, my cheeks going the slightest shade of pink from his nickname.

I clear my throat, looking up at him. "Wes, he's my friend. Why do you care?"

He chews his lip, staring at me with his piercing blue eyes. I stare back, waiting for an answer that I already know won't come.

He leans closer to my face, making me shudder internally, before his soft lips brush against my ear.

He whispers.

"Your my pretty girl. You know I don't share."