5.

TW: small mentioning of ed. Take care and read with discretion.

LAVINIA WEATHERSTONE
-

I stare at the short, satin green dress that Wes picked out for me, regretting my life choices. The dark green fabric shines in the rough lighting of my dormitory, enhancing the fair beauty of the material.

I stare at the girl in my reflection, her brown hair draped over her shoulder in tumbling curls. I smile at myself with a merciful gleam, starting to re-think this idea. Was going to this party really a good idea? I mean, it was in the Slytherin common room, meaning it would be hard to sneak into. Maybe this dress wasn't I good idea clothing wise? is it too formal? would people think of my as a whore?

"Are you seriously doubting yourself again, Vina?" Wes asks as he walks out of my bathroom, having just used my shower instead of his own due to his roommates.. dirty, personal life. I turn around, staring at him with furrowing eyebrows, feeling nothing but great despair.

"Is this really a good idea? I mean, i'm literally friends with only a few Slytherins, are Hufflepuffs even allowed to show up at their parties?" I ramble on, anxiety taking over me.

He stares at me with a blank stare, before my dormitories door creaks open, revealing the happy form of Tilly. She smiles at Wes, before marching over to me.

I introduced them two the day after we met at quidditch, and they seem to be getting on just fine. We sit together at meals, share embarrassing secrets and stories, and we study together in our dorm. I think it's safe to say we've quickly formed a blossoming friendship between the three of us.

"Oh, aren't you just thrilled to be going to this party? I hope I see Draco, or even Blaise, oh, how lovely that would be." She wails dramatically, falling onto my bed beside me with an arm flung over her eyes.

Me and Wes share glances, laughing at the girl before us. I bring the small green dress into my hands, standing up and walking to the bathroom to change. I close the door slowly, locking it with a sigh.

I slip the tight dress on, and look in the mirror. A gasp chokes me, as I stare at my sharp reflection once again. The dress hugs my body like a glove, material tight in all the right places. I cant help but to feel a little insecure of my body, as in my eyes, it is just skin and bones. Ive suffered from traumatic eating disorders in the past, but i'm healed now, I guess my body just never recovered as well as my mindset did.

Slapping on some light mascara and concealer, I open the bathroom with a small bag, and get ready to go.

"You finally ready?" This comes from Tilly, who's laying on my bed still with Wes next to her, looking at me.

I nod my head, blowing out a candle and opening my door, leaving it open for the two behind me to follow suit.

-

As we entered the Slytherin common room, green strobe lighting and loud music insta toy greets my ears. It's a hard setting to get used too, but it will be fine. My dilated pupils glance around the room, scanning for any familiar faces, only to find none.

We make our way through the groups of students, some laying over couches pale, and some jumping around hysterically to the pumping music as if they were on fire. As I approach the table of arranged drinks, I quickly realise that Im alone, as both Tilly, and Wes found people to mingle with. I sigh in defeat, picking up a cold glass of a blue substance and downing a few sips.

I glance to my side, feeling as if AI was being watched. Lorenzo is walking up to me, a small smile on his face.

"Im so glad you could come, are you here alone?" He asks, looking around at his surrounding. I shake my head, slowly pointing and the two Hufflepuffs dancing to the music in a crowd. A small laugh erupts from Enzo's throat, making it harder for me to contain my smile.

"Well then, I hope you enjoy yourself tonight. Im sure a certain.. someone will be happy to see you." He smiles, raising his glass towards me before strutting away into some crowd of students. I stand by myself, awkwardly glancing around to find someone to talk to, my eyes catching on a familiar face.

The chestnut brown hair of Theo Nott was swaying around slightly as he danced with Mattheo, a drink in hand and a smile on his face. I watch them for a while, not in a creepy way, but in an admiring way.

It isn't long before our eyes meet, his smile growing even larger. Mattheo looks at him confused, following his stare before looking at me as well, his facial stance softening as he realises why his best friend is so happy all of a sudden.

Theo passes Mattheo his drink, mumbling something quietly before exiting the crowd and walking over to me. I offer him a small smile, mumbling a quiet "hey".

"I though Enzo was only joking when he said that Lavinia Weatherstone was here." He smiles, before his eyes slowly trace up and down my figure. His expression darkens, I can see it in his eyes, the way his pupils instantly dilate when he realises what Im wearing. He licks his lips slightly, getting stuck in what seems to be a trance.

"You look stunning." He breathes out, his cheeks tinting a light shade of velvet. I smile up at him, deciding to compliment him back.

"You look handsome." I say, which makes him laugh quietly. He grabs my hand and pulls me to his large group of friends, slinging a protective arm around my shoulder as we draw closer.

"Guys, this is Vina. She's my partner for my potions project." He states, the guys surrounding us smiling at me and saying small hellos.

-

After the introduction, I find myself on the dance floor with Wes and Tilly, grinding our bodies against each other to the rhythm of the music.

I don't know how many drinks I've had in the span of an hour, but hey, who cares? 'You only live once.' Is what Tilly stated earlier as she dragged me to the dance floor.

I start to feel the room around me spinning slightly, my eyes loosing the ability to see clearly. I grab onto the nearest body closest to me, clinging onto them as the room continues to spin.

Right before I collapse onto the ground, the last thing I hear being my name come out of a familiar voice.

Hmm.. 35 votes and I'll give you another chapter!