Chapter 9

Aprils P.O.V

As we walk out of class, some girls start gossiping behind me and I know it's about Ellie. I've had enough.
"Alright then! Is there a problem!" Ellie grabs my wrist trying to say 'lets go before those girls start calling me names'
"Ugh the only problem is that Ellie is a-" Says a girl before I cut her off.
"Excuse me?"
"I mean, she's ugly as and weird and she should just go die! By the way I hated you from the minute I saw you!" This girl doesn't know what's coming,
"Says the one who fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down!" I hear some "Ooos" behind me and I know now the battle begins.....
"Whatever, least I'm not fat! I've lost at least 3 pounds and all she's lost is friends!" More people come in and more "Oos" are being heard.
"You lost 3 pounds! what, just took off the make up did ya!" Ellie giggles and whispers quietly,
"Can we go now, I don't wanna stay"
"Give me a second" I Whisper back,
The girl suddenly reaches down into her pocket and brings out nothing.
"Sorry, ran out of Sh*ts to give."
"Forgot to check your mouth"
"BURN!" A boy yells behind me.
The girl looks shocked and gives me that look because she's trying to think of comebacks.
"Ha fail!" I laugh.
"Just like your dads Condom!"
"OOOOOO"
"Just like your mums Abortion!"
That's it. I've finished her.
"Just go and come and judge us when your perfect!" And we walk off. Acting like nothing happened.
For a moment it's silent until Ellie breaks it.
"Thank you but you didn't have to do that. I'm used to all the gossip." She sighs.
"Well there will be NO gossip after that!" I giggle.
"You!" And Ellie hugs me tightly.
"Well that's what Non biological sisters do don't they?"
We laugh our selfs all the way to the other building until I see Tadashi.
It's funny because he's only 3 years older than me (I'm the oldest in our year) and I'm like the Same height as him. Well 7 inches apart but whatever!
Suddenly our eyes meet for just a second until Ellie pulls me.
"Bruh, I just saved you from whacking into that pole, you ok?"
"Yeh I'm fine, just daydreaming"
"About Tadashi!" Ellie smiles giving me those eyebrows.
"Whatever" I huff, rolling my eyes.
~
I take a seat next to Ellie and get my stuff out.
"Last lesson and we're doing Physics" Ellie says giving me a fake smile.
"I know right. I mean, Why would we need to know about things we're not even gonna use in our lifetime!"
"Preach it sister!"
"Before we begin the lesson, I have a message for...April" Miss Jenner calls.
Boy she's so skinny. I'm telling you, Mark has bigger boobs than her.
"April?"
"Yeh that's me" I call slipping my hand up.
"Um it says here you have been chosen to take the place of a 6 former to do S.T.I.D (Science Technology Intelligence Department)."
The whole class started bubbling with noise.
"April!" Ellie gasps, "That required a high level of IQ for that! You must me at least 17 or 18 to be able to do it!"
"I'm sorry if my frequency of intelligence is higher than yours" She looks at me blankly.
"Already I don't understand you!"
"April! You also must meet at the Science department after school ok?"
"Ok" I smile.
"Wait so that means you won't be able to walk home with me!" Here she goes again. The puppy eyes are coming.
"I know and I'm sorry."
"It's fine I'm having a lift anyways."
She laughs.
The lesson is begging and already I'm bored.
Sometimes an hour feels like a century so unless you have a pillow and a cut out of fake eyes to put behind your glasses then your toast.....
~
"See you Ells, text you" I yell, waving to her and heading towards the science department.
I walk through the marbled hallways and the pillars holding the first floor up.
I look around to see Mr Stark.
"Hello April. Just follow me towards the room here"
I follow him past the posterd walls and through the door when my heart stops.
As I step in, my eyes meet his- His meet mine. It's like one of those teenage movies where your crush is so hot you ignore what's going on around you.
Hint: Never just stand there looking at your crush...Take It from me, it doesn't turn out well.