Chapter 17

Abigail's P.O.V

The air is cold. The chains on my wrist blister my what was once smooth skin. How could he have done this to me? My own father? I did everything he wanted! Everything! But as soon as he wanted to hurt Ellie I was out of it.
The barricaded wooden door rattles and it swings wide open, letting the cold draft into the concrete walls.
"Hello sweetie! How's it going?" He smirks.
"Well what do you think?" I hiss, giving him an icy look. "What are you doing here any?! Shouldn't you be watching your "new" Abigail?"
"Her names Ordeal and don't be so snappy; Besides, I am your father"
"Don't ever say that!" The only thing stopping me from killing him is the chains that wrap around my wrists like snakes. " you are not my Father! Not anymore!" I use every last breath in me to yell at him.
"I don't see any papers telling me I'm not?"
"Why did you come here? What could you possibly want from me? I'm useless!" I murmur, looking at the big bruise on my leg.
"I know you know something I don't"
His eyes pierce my soul as he looks closer into them "right? Well at least that's what Ordeal told me- she knows everything there is to know about you except your secrets"
"Oh wow so one of your inventions don't work!" I snigger under my breath.
"Abigail is working fine! I've modernized her to look every bit like you."
"Even my birth mark?" There's an awkward silence. "Exactly. That's what I thoug-"
"Listen you!" His hand holds my neck and his face burns my eyes. (Lol seriously, he uses onion juice to help with his skin, ha it's supposed to be honey😂) my thoughts put a smile on my face but disappears as he squeezes tighter.
"You know something I don't and I'm gonna get it out of you one way or another, got it?!" His nails dig into my neck and I can barely talk
"Ye..yes" he lets go with a ferocious face and walks through the door. After I think it would all stop he halts and whispers,
"She said she was innocent" and then slam's the door.
Tears turn into rivers, rivers turn into waterfalls. I'd always asked him what was the last thing mother said when she died. He never told me until now.
I don't know if she's still out there.
Maybe she's dead and I'm never going to see her again because I'll probably go to hell for what I did. Or she could be on this earth still-looking for me. But the thing that haunts me the most is what if she didn't die, what if she got murdered by-
No no Abi. Don't think that! You must be crazy! I shake my head and just think.
People probably think I'm a terrible person. They don't know the real me is actually stuck in an abandoned cell deep underground. No one can help me. No one.